Cornish Gaelic for Beginners Talk Now
- SKU: STS05
- Categories: Clearance and Closeouts, Clearance Books and Media, Learn Gaelic Software
Only 2 left in stock
Cornish Gaelic for Beginners Talk Now
Discontinued: On sale while supplies last.
Learn to speak Gaelic! If youre new to a language, there are some basics you will have to learn, whether youre eight years old or 80, on business abroad or a tourist on holiday. Talk Now! Cornish offers a simple-to-use method for you to start learning the language, whoever you are.
Though you’ve probably never heard of these guys before, this is actually the world’s best selling language learning software! There’s probably better programs out there, but you will pay 10 times more for them.
Introductory Offer — Now, for a limited time, we are offering 10% off regular retail price! Buy one for yourself, and a thoughtful gift for someone you love (or at least someone you like enough to spend $26.99 on)!
This versatile software CD-ROM installs on any Windows PC or Mac (OS 10.3.9 or higher). It even has files you can transfer to your iPod for language learning on the go!
What will I learn?
To speak and understand enough to get by. Youre just starting, so we wont drop you in at the deep end. There are some things youll want to say in any language: youll want to say hello, order a drink, ask for directions and so on.
This beginners program gets straight to the point. It covers food, colors, shopping, parts of the body, numbers, telling the time, countries, greetings and essential phrases.
Will it work for me?
Lots of people have difficulty learning languages. Why? Most have been put off at school, dont have time to learn, or think they are too lazy to do it.
Talk Now! Cornish answers these problems:
- It lifts the language off the page. There are no dull exercises; just encouraging games that award you points for progress.
- It fits easily into short ten-minute sessions. But if you want to push yourself you can learn the basics in a weekend.
- if you think youre lazy, think again! Youll be amazed how motivated you can be when you enjoy the experience of learning!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You immerse yourself with easy-to-achieve goals. Learning a new language is far too big a task to tackle all at once, so we have broken it down into a series of rewarding challenges
- Associating new words along with pictures is proven to reinforce them in your memory. Furthermore, there are opportunities to record your pronunciation and hear it repeated to judge your progression.
- Earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
- Simple user interface keeps things easy
- Fun games, interactive activities, challenging quizzes
- 10-minute sessions keep you engaged
- Learn colors, numbers, time, parts of the body, food, shopping, common phrases and countries
- Intelligent system targets your weak points
- Recording feature helps you perfect an accent
- Printable phrasebook for learning on the go
- Upload audio files to your iPod or MP3 player
MAKE LEARNING FUN!
- Practice the language with native speakers using an interactive recording feature
- Keep games challenging with two levels of difficulty
- Earn points during games and quizzes, and achieve awards
- Exercises are game-based to keep you coming back for more!
- Focuses on the basics of the language so you dont get overwhelmed
- Immerse learning helps you practice speaking in real-life situations
Why Learn the Cornish Language?
Cornish continues to survive in the place-names of Cornwall, as well as in Cornish surnames, and knowledge of the language helps the understanding of these ancient meanings.
There is now an increasing amount of Cornish literature, in which poetry is the most important genre, particularly in oral form or as song or as traditional Cornish chants historically performed in marketplaces during religious holidays and public festivals and gatherings
History of the Cornish Language
Along with Welsh and Brenton, it is directly descended from the ancient Briitish lanuage spoken throughout much of Britain before the English language came to dominate. The language continued to function as a common community language in parts of Cornwall until the late 18th century.
Some children used the language to converse in, and families used it as a language of the home through the 19th century and possibly into the 20th. Some elderly speakers were known to be still living into the 20th century including one still alive in 1914.
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
What others are saying
Continue as a Guest
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Beer is Proof T-Shirt, pre-shrunk and made from high quality 100% cotton for a great feel and fit
If you love beer, like we love beer, this T-Shirt is for you. They also make the perfect gift for that beer lover in your life
Made in the USA for quality assurance and comes in M, L, 2XL, and 3XL (Add $2.00 for 2XL, 3XL)
Three color printing for a classic and subtly distinctive look
- The intricate knotwork featured on this exquisite belt buckle is time-honored with its trefoil design.
- Crafted by Scottish artists, the cast pewter metal befits any kilt to perfection.
- Kilt standard belts (2.25 inches wide) will stand out in only the best way with this classic buckle.
- This buckle’s handsome size at 3.5 x 2.5 inches will feel comfortable for the wearer without feeling cumbersome.
- High-quality 100% cotton black t-shirt with a graphic depicting a prehistoric fish with a bagpipe with a caption that reads Scotland’s Missing Link
- Screen-printed for added durability in the graphic and made in the USA
- Makes a hilarious gift for Scottish friends or to add to your own collection—share the “missing link” of Scotland’s history
- Available while supplies last
seems to be a good program but could use a more detailed booklet with instructions. Have not been able to try the games but think they will help me to learn faster.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch