Triquetra Celtic Cross Sterling Silver Necklace
- SKU: JNS57
- Categories: Celtic Jewelry, Celtic Necklaces, Celtic Necklaces and Pendants, Featured
- Tags: Celtic Cross, Sterling Silver, Triquetra
Tartan Jewelry Gift Bag
- Customizable tartan jewelry gift bag
- Measures approximately 4inches wide by 5.5 inches long
- Pull string closure to keep your treasures safe
- Bring tartan culture to everyday used
According to popular legend, the Celtic Cross was introduced by St Patrick when he was converting the pagans in Ireland to Christianity. Much of the oral history and wisdom of the old Celtic ways has been lost and our understanding of the symbolism of the Celtic Cross today is largely based on Roman writing and Christian monks who transcribed the mythology of the Celts.
The symbolism of the Celtic cross is indicative of the human desire to know and experience the unfolding mystery of life. The arms of the cross offer four ways to ascension, an invitation to objectively know nature, wisdom, god/goddess, and the self.
The circles around the intersection of the cross represent unification, totality, wholeness, and inclusion.
The triquetra is a very old symbol and dates back to around 500 BCE. But its origins are a bit murky. Some scholars believe it to be Celtic in origin, and it’s sometimes also called the Irish Trinity Knot. But the symbol is also found in Norse Viking imagery on artifacts like combs and saddles, and there’s a Japanese form as well. The line is unbroken and never-ending and is said to represent many things, such as unity, protection, and everlasting life. Like many knots, it can be seen as a Celtic symbol for strength.
- .925 Sterling Silver Pendant
- 18″ Stainless Steel Chain
- Measures 1.25″ x .75″
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Continue as a Guest
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Elegant Claddagh ring made with sterling silver
- Features the Irish symbol of love and friendship
- Available in sizes 4-11
- Classic and affordable and makes an excellent gift
- Perfect ring for a handfasting ceremony
Ravens figured heavily in Celtic mythology and legend. They were linked to darkness and death, especially the death of warriors in combat – an obvious reflection of its tendency to eat carrion, plenty of which is to be found in the aftermath of battle.
Custom-made just for you. Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Height: 31 mm (1.2 inch)
- Stone: Synthetic Emerald
- Metal Material: Sterling Silver
- Claddagh design with inset CZ Emerald
- Celtic Knot
- Trinity Knot Set of earrings and necklace is the beautiful sterling silver accessory set to finish off any outfit
- The Trinity Knot, or triskele, is emblematic of all things in threes, such as the Celtic trinity, and is prolific in Celtic and early Christian artwork
- The pendant measures ¾ inch wide and the earrings ½ inch wide
- The set comes with a sterling silver chain and a complimentary clear-top gift box
0 reviews with a 4-star rating
There are no reviews with a 4-star rating yet