Highland Thistle Chrome Kilt Belt Buckle
- SKU: ABB41-CO
- Categories: Clearance Accessories, Clearance and Specials, Highland Accessories, Kilt Belts and Buckles, Quality Kilt Belt Buckles
- Tags: Brass, Chrome, Made in Scotland, Thistle
Only 1 left in stock
Highland Thistle Chrome Kilt Belt Buckle – Discontinued
This Highland Thistle Chromed Kilt Belt Buckle features a classic Highland Thistle design. It is a solid cast brass buckle with an chrome finish. This buckle is made in the U.K. and is designed to fit all standard kilt belts (2.25″ wide). Measures approximately 4 X 3 inches.
As the most well known and easily recognized symbol of Scotland, the thistle, is also believed to be the oldest recorded national flower.
- Made in the U.K.
- Solid cast brass buckle
- Chrome finish
- Highland Thistle design
- Designed to fit all standard kilt belts (2.25″ wide)
- Measures approximately 4 X 3 inches
The Scottish Thistle: The Legend and Meaning
As the most well known and easily recognized symbol of Scotland, the thistle is also believed to be the oldest recorded national flower.
Legend has it that a field of thistles saved a party of sleeping Scots warriors from an ambush by Norse invaders. When one of the Norse attackers trod on a thistle field with his bare feet, his cries and screams roused the Scots. The ambush was made ineffective, and the Scots were able to defeat the invaders. The Scots’ victory was all thanks to the thistle’s thorns! The thistle was then adopted as the symbol of Scotland. It represents the bravery, devotion, durability, strength, and determination of the Celtic people.
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
What others are saying
Continue as a Guest
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Good quality, brass kilt belt buckle crafted in Scotland
- Features a blue Saltire and lion rampant design with an antiquated look
- Perfect for use with any kilted outfit
- Measures approximately 4 x 3 inches and is solid but lightweight
- The Highland Swirl Antiquated Kilt Belt Buckle is a solid brass belt buckle made in Scotland.
- This piece features a detailed, traditional Celtic knot design with an antique silver finish.
- It’s perfect for use with any kilt or at your next re-enactment.
- The buckle measures approximately 4 inches x 3 inches, making it lightweight but solid.
- The Irish Claddagh Kilt Belt Buckle is full of meaning–two hands (friendship) hold a heart (love), topped by a crown (loyalty)
- Measures approximately 4 inches x 3 inches with good, solid construction and compatible with any standard kilt belt (2.25 inches wide)
- Made in Scotland this cast brass belt buckle with antiqued silver finish for practicality and style
- The Celtic knot design represents eternity–celebrate unbroken continuity with your Irish heritage
- The Don McKee Pewter Lion Kilt Belt Buckle is in the USA by famous artist Don McKee
- The rampant lion is one of Scotland’s most famous symbols, representing courage, nobility, and strength
- This piece measures 4 inches by 3 inches, making it compatible with all standard kilt belts
- Fine craftsmanship is seen throughout — negative space create the opportunity for your kilt to peek through
Craig S –
I like this buckle, it is light weight, and for the price it is well worth it.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Paul M –
Great Buckle, solid construction & looks great
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch