Manx Gaelic for Teens Beginner Plus Talk the Talk
Discontinued: On sale while supplies last.
Learn to speak Manx Gaelic! Talk The Talk is designed with teenagers social lives in mind. It concentrates on the words and phrases young people need for social conversation, including plenty of useful, up-to-date vocabulary. It then builds their spoken confidence, allowing them to compare their accent to that of a native speaker.
Though you’ve probably never heard of these guys before, this is actually the world’s best selling language learning software! There’s probably better programs out there, but you will pay 10 times more for them.
This versatile software CD-ROM installs on any Windows PC or Mac (OS 10.3.9 or higher). It even has files you can transfer to your iPod for language learning on the go!
What will I learn?
To talk about the things that are relevant to you. We wont bother you with lots of information you wont need or dont find interesting.
Talk The Talk teaches phrases like Ill send you a text message later and we won the game on penalties. Topics include family, school, hobbies, travelling, home, technology, work and sport.
Introductory Offer — Now, for a limited time, we are offering 10% off regular retail price! Buy one for yourself, and a thoughtful gift for someone you love (or at least someone you like enough to spend $26.99 on)!
Will it work for me?
This program is best suited for teenagers who are beginning to get to grips with Manx. Its best if you know some basic vocabulary before you start.
Because its aimed at recent beginners, everything you hear will be clearly spoken at a speed that you can easily keep up with.
How does it work?
Watch and learn! See and hear how to speak Manx by watching video footage of native speakers.
Build confidence on a computer. Before testing your new speaking skills in the real world, record yourself, then play back to compare your pronunciation with a native speaker. (Note that we dont use electronic voice analysis: the human ear is usually much more accurate.)
Play interactive games. The comprehension quiz prompts you to react to real life situations, while a challenging recording quiz tests your knowledge and pronunciation.
You earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
You can learn on the move. Carry on learning in the airport lounge or on the ferry. Just print out the phrasebook sheets included in the program and take them with you.
History on the Manx Language
Only a small minority of the Isle of Man’s population is fluent in the language, but a larger minority has some knowledge of it. It is widely considered to be an important part of the Island’s culture and heritage.
Like Scottish Gaelic and modern Irish, Manx is derived from older forms of Irish. The earliest known language of the Isle of Man was a form of Bythonic.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Created with a Celtic knotwork pattern and two heart-shaped white opals
- Celtic knotwork patterns are emblematic of the continuity of life’s journey with no beginning and no end, the quest to a spiritual center
- 100% nickel and lead-free beautiful sterling silver in the knots and the earrings’ hooks
- White opal reflects the multiplicity of color present in the natural world to add a unique and subtle moment of color to any outfit
- Beautifully unique ring
- Features trinity knots
- Emerald green cubic zirconia gemstone
- Made from Polished stainless-steel
- Looks great and will continue to look great for a lifetime
- Irish Green Acrylikilts™ – In Stock Ready To Ship, are fully-lined 100% acrylic kilts, making them an affordable and durable option
- These lightweight kilts feature 3 straps and buckles and 2 ¼ inch belt loops, providing optimal versatility and practicality
- Lightweight but tough, this kilt is ideal for most casual contexts
- Available in classic Irish Green, as well as a variety of other tartans, select this kilt to match your individual taste