MacKinnon Clan Crest Thistle Pewter Plaid Brooch
- SKU: PLAID-IS-2573
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Badges and Pins, Clearance Accessories, Clearance and Specials, Clearance Clan Crest Stuff, LIST M
- Tags: Made in Scotland, Pewter, Thistle
- Custom-order your Clan Crest Plaid Brooch for an enduring heirloom that your family will treasure for generations to come
- Made from the finest quality pewter and featuring an intricate Thistle design, the brooch is expertly hand-crafted in Scotland
- Choose from over 200 clan crests and some non-clan crests like St. Andrews Cross or Rampant Lion
- 2.5 inch diameter, its sturdy, high-quality pin back affixes to your Sash or Fly Plaid
Only 1 left in stock
Clan Crest Thistle Pewter Plaid Brooch
Your custom-order Clan Crest Plaid Brooch is a breathtaking adornment to any plaid. The finest-quality pewter, intricacy, and authentic Glaswegian artisanship. The brooch measures 2.5 inch diameter. It features a durable pin-back that fits steadfastly on a Sash or Fly Plaid. Are you worried about finding the right crest for your clan? We offer this brooch in over 200 clan crests for a tribute worthy of your family and its legacy. Your heritage matters, so display your family pride with dazzling quality.
Alongside tartan, the thistle is perhaps the most identifiable symbol of all things Scottish. The thistle was adopted as the Emblem of Scotland during the rein of Alexander III (1249 – 1286). Legend has it that an Army of King Haakon of Norway, intent on conquering the Scots, landed at the Coast of Largs at night to surprise the sleeping Scottish Clansmen. In order to move more stealthily under the cover of darkness, the Norsemen removed their footwear. But something else was hiding under the cover of darkness. One of Haakon’s men unfortunately stood on one of these spiny little defenders and shrieked out in pain, alerting the Clansmen of the advancing Norsemen. Needless to say, the Scots won the day.
Special Ordered straight from Scotland. Please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Discontinued – Available While Supplies Last
- Our Women’s Suede Knee High Boots, made by Minnetonka Moccasins, offer stylish comfort
- Style these extremely versatile boots with nearly any kilt, casual Highland dress, cosplay, or your favorite jeans
- Available in a range of sizes from 6 to 10
- Customize by adding fringe and choosing from three colors: black, brown, or tan
- Made in Scotland using cast pewter
- Intricate Celtic knot and weave design—with no beginning or end, it represents eternity
- Sturdy and solid construction gives it a good weight
- Measures 3.5 inches by 2.63 inches and fits any standard kilt measuring 2.5 inches wide