MacKinnon Clan Crest Thistle Pewter Plaid Brooch
- SKU: PLAID-IS-2573
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Badges and Pins, Clearance Accessories, Clearance and Closeouts, Clearance Clan Crest Stuff, LIST M, Pins and Brooches
- Tags: Made in Scotland, Pewter, Thistle
- Custom-order your Clan Crest Plaid Brooch for an enduring heirloom that your family will treasure for generations to come
- Made from the finest quality pewter and featuring an intricate Thistle design, the brooch is expertly hand-crafted in Scotland
- Choose from over 200 clan crests and some non-clan crests like St. Andrews Cross or Rampant Lion
- 2.5 inch diameter, its sturdy, high-quality pin back affixes to your Sash or Fly Plaid
Only 1 left in stock
Clan Crest Thistle Pewter Plaid Brooch
Your custom-order Clan Crest Plaid Brooch is a breathtaking adornment to any plaid. The finest-quality pewter, intricacy, and authentic Glaswegian artisanship. The brooch measures 2.5 inch diameter. It features a durable pin-back that fits steadfastly on a Sash or Fly Plaid. Are you worried about finding the right crest for your clan? We offer this brooch in over 200 clan crests for a tribute worthy of your family and its legacy. Your heritage matters, so display your family pride with dazzling quality.
Alongside tartan, the thistle is perhaps the most identifiable symbol of all things Scottish. The thistle was adopted as the Emblem of Scotland during the rein of Alexander III (1249 – 1286). Legend has it that an Army of King Haakon of Norway, intent on conquering the Scots, landed at the Coast of Largs at night to surprise the sleeping Scottish Clansmen. In order to move more stealthily under the cover of darkness, the Norsemen removed their footwear. But something else was hiding under the cover of darkness. One of Haakon’s men unfortunately stood on one of these spiny little defenders and shrieked out in pain, alerting the Clansmen of the advancing Norsemen. Needless to say, the Scots won the day.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Our kid size rabbit sporran is made from good-quality black leather.
- It features beautiful and fashionable real white rabbit fur.
- The convenient and easy snap closure and included child’s chain strap makes it ideal for children.
- This sporran is the perfect size for children, measuring 6 inches x 5 inches.
- High-quality 100% cotton black t-shirt with a graphic depicting a prehistoric fish with a bagpipe with a caption that reads Scotland’s Missing Link
- Screen-printed for added durability in the graphic and made in the USA
- Makes a hilarious gift for Scottish friends or to add to your own collection—share the “missing link” of Scotland’s history
- Available while supplies last