Don McKee Royal Lion Pin
- SKU: AKPMRL
- Categories: Clearance Accessories, Clearance and Specials, Highland Accessories, Kilt Pins, Rampant Lion Collection, Stocking Stuffers
- Tags: Antiqued, Don McKee, Lion, Made in USA, Pewter, Rampant Lion
Only 1 left in stock
Don McKee Royal Lion Pin
Wearing this Royal lion pin will without a doubt make you stand out! Proudly show your courage, nobility, royalty, strength, stateliness and valour, while wearing this kilt pin. World famous for his work, Don McKee designed this beautiful royal lion pin, and it is unlike any other lion pin. Don McKee really took his time creating this kilt pin. He has outstanding attention to detail, just look at the decorative mane this lion has! Made from solid lead-free pewter, with antiqued finish. This kilt pin is also very strong and sturdy despite it’s ornate nature. Made in the USA. 2.5″ long.
- Solid lead-free pewter
- Antiqued finish
- Made in The U.S.
- Ornate Royal Lion
- 2.5″ Long
What does the Rampant Lion stand for?
The royal lion is shown as a profile of a lion standing upright and the forelegs are raised, claws unsheathed, as if to strike. The fierce and battle-strewn history of Scotland makes this the perfect symbol of Scottish pride! The lion was also incorporated into the Great Seal of Scotland which was placed on all official documents. When the royal coat of arms was being designed, the lion rampant was obviously incorporated, with the Latin motto “Nemo me impune lacessit” meaning “No one attacks me with impunity”. As always the Scots have another strong symbol that they stand behind.
What is a kilt pin?
Have you ever worn a kilt in a windy day? Yes, we all have and it can be quite nerving worrying about becoming the next Marilyn Monroe. Its a piece of jewelry that is worn on the lower corner of the outer apron of a kilt. The kilt pin adds weight to the outer apron, this prevent the apron blowing open and showing off too much leg. Kilt pins are also only seen as a form of decoration, therefore pick a kilt pin that represents who you are!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Continue as a Guest
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Adapted from “Old Scottish Customs: Local and General” by E J Guthrie, published in 1885 and illustrated by John MacKay
- A fun and educational read and features 74 pages in a softcover format
- Outlines the history of Scottish customs and superstitions, including which ones survive to our day
- Learn more about your heritage. Measures 5.25 inches x 8.25 inches
- Our handmade, soft, 100% cotton Celtic Knot Book Bags are embellished with a Celtic knot design
- Choose from black, red, green, or purple according to your style
- They’re hand-dyed, so each bag is unique with a zip closure that keeps your books (or other belongings) secure
- The body of the bag measures 10 inches tall and 15 inches wide. Keep your bag close with an approximately 17 inch long strap
- Made in Scotland using cast pewter
- Intricate Celtic knot and weave design—with no beginning or end, it represents eternity
- Sturdy and solid construction gives it a good weight
- Measures 3.5 inches by 2.63 inches and fits any standard kilt measuring 2.5 inches wide
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.