Braveheart Great Kilt
We make these greatkilts from the same 100% wool tartan, woven in Scotland by the same weaver, as the kilts used in the filming of the movie! The Braveheart tartan is very rustic, woven in natural wool and earthtones believed to be authentic to that period. Braveheart Tartan is woven 60 inches wide.
For Braveheart accessories go to: Braveheart accessories
Our Braveheart kilts are made-to-order from fabric that is supposed to be in stock. This makes it essentially a stock item, and we can usually get them made and shipped in a day or two — but it depends a lot on the time of year and how busy we are. In general, please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery.
Pleating Your Kilt
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you also select Cheater Pleats™ as an additional option.
Cheater Pleats™ are a nice convenience option. Your kilt will still look like you pleated it yourself, but you can take it off and put it back on any time you want to without redoing your pleats. (Depending on how concerned you are about the appearance, pleating your kilt can take anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour each time you wear it). we’ll pleat the kilt for you, and stitch in a hidden waistband to hold it together. Once you belt it on, no one will know you didn’t pleat it yourself!
Please Note — if you add Cheater Pleats™ to your kilt, it becomes a custom-made item, and custom-order terms and conditions apply. Please click to view important information about custom-order items.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd greatkilt will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd greatkilt will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd greatkilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
4 yds, (fits up to a 34in waist)
5 yds, (fits up to a 44in waist)
6 yds, (fits up to a 50in waist)
How to measure for your Greatkilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Note — For a Greatkilt, the length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™. But the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
|Great Kilt Size||
4 Yard Great Kilt, 5 Yard Great Kilt, 6 Yard Great Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
How to measure for your Greatkilt:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Note — The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
- Inspired by the movie Braveheart, the Braveheart Great Kilt’s tartan is woven in Scotland by the same weaver behind the kilts in the movie
- Choose between 4-, 5-, or 6-yards of tartan. For this custom-made piece, please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery
- The tartan is made from natural wool, featuring with earth-tone and natural colors for historical accuracy
- It boasts made-in-the-USA craftsmanship, with pleating instructions included–or opt for “Cheater Pleats”
- Homespun great kilt made in-house from our in-stock homespun poly/wool double width 52 inch-54 inch tartan; an authentic-looking option to a traditional woven kilt
- Customizable for your preferred size, shape, and desired pleats — 4 yards, 5 yards, and 6 yards available
- Double-width tartan provides added customizability—wrap it up over your shoulder in the rain or create folds to store your flask
- Add Cheater Pleats™ to keep things simple or feel the authenticity while you pleat it yourselves like your ancestors.
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38-inch waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48-inch waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60-inch waist)
- Made in the USA
- Great Kilt in Poly/Viscose Tartan
- Fabric Woven in Scotland
- Light Weight Tartan
- Thin, Breathable Fabric
- Softer, cooler, and more Durable than Wool
- Wool-Free and Hypoallergenic
- Recommended for Summer Events