OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan
- SKU: OTWPV
- Categories: Holiday Gift Guide, Mothers Day, OUTLANDER Shawls and Wraps, Tartan Day Essentials, Tartan Serapes, Tartan Shawls and Wraps
- Tags: OUTLANDER, Poly Viscose
- OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan’s material is woven in Scotland and then made in the USA
- Embrace your inner Outlander with an Official OUTLANDER serape or ruana.
- Measures 54 inches X 70 inches, made from Hypoallergenic Poly/Viscose material (65/35 blend of polyester and viscose rayon)
- Outlanders weavers took great care to design with the colors and style of looming that would have been available at the time and area of the Fraser Clan
OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan
This piece is the must-have wrap for the colder weather season wardrobe. This wrap has a hole for your head and a split to give you wearable options. Wear as a wrap or drape around your shoulders like a shawl. If you’re allergic to wool this is the tartan to own! The tartan is designed as authentically as possible with the same dyes from vegetation that the Clan had access to in the 18th century. It’s weave is a looser, rustic weave that weavers would have been doing at the time. The colors are brown and grey, which would have acted as camouflage while hunting.
Please Note — Our OUTLANDER product licensing agreement allows us to ship Outlander products to U.S. and Canadian addresses only. For more information, please see our International Shipping Information Page.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About the Fraser Tartan from OUTLANDER: The Series
Starz teamed up with a mill in Scotland in order to create these tartans in the most authentic way possible. This tartan consists of colors grey, brown, gold, red, and black. The neutral tones of brown and grey take up most of the space in the pattern, seemingly imitating the expanse of stone and brown vegetation of the Scottish Highlands in winter. The small stripes of black are hardly noticeable, and the gold and red act as accents. You might recognize it as the tartan that Jamie Fraser wears for his wedding.
The Fraser tartan for OUTLANDER is modeled after the Fraser Hunting Weathered Tartan. (Available in homespun and light weight tartans. Homespun swatch. Light weight swatch. Homespun tartan digital swatches.) The latter tartan consists of large expanses of grey and brown, and small accents of white and red. Hunting tartans are, in general, a more natural colored version of clan tartans. Because of this, they blend into natural environments, and camouflage the wearer. Weathered tartans tend to be a more faded version of tartans, because they often come in natural hues. When comparing the two tartans, one can see the aspects that the designer borrowed from the Fraser Hunting Weathered Tartan. He created a wonderfully calming tartan that lends itself well to the natural setting of OUTLANDER: The Series. This tartan is excellent for events held in forests, mountains, by a river, or other natural settings.
About the OUTLANDER Tartan
The OUTLANDER tartan consists of only two colors: grey and brown. The pattern is similar to Black Watch (aka Campbell) tartans. The tartan is also similar to OUTLANDER Fraser, but without the small stripes of accent colors. This tartan will complement most any outfit, because of its neutral tones. Since the colors are so rustic, you’ll look excellent wearing this tartan at events held in forests, mountains, by a river, or other natural settings. It can really be worn by anyone, even if you’re not a fan of OUTLANDER.
OUTLANDER, OUTLANDER Fraser
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
2 reviews with a 5-star rating
Continue as a Guest
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- Official OUTLANDER Scottish tartan; measures 50 inches x 72” inches and weighs approximately 12 ounces
- Made from 100% authentic lambswool to keep you cozy on a cold Scottish afternoon
- Wear as a wrap, shawl, serape, or ruana to suit your preferences; let it drape or wrap around your shoulders or head
- Wear your highland pride with an OUTLANDER tartan that reflects the neutral and earthy tones of the Scottish highlands
- Outlander and Fraser are out of stock until spring 2021
- Choose from three official Outlander tartans all woven in Scotland by the same mill that created the tartans worn on the hit show, Outlander: The Series
- Tartans are predominantly brown and grey with slight accent colors. They’re a rustic and neutral to compliment any winter outfit
- Called a wrap, sarape, or rauna, it’s essentially a large shawl with a hole for your head and split up the front
- It’s made with 12 oz, 100% premium wool with a fringed edge and measures 54 inches x 54 inches
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Tartan serape made from a quality and durable poly-viscose blend woven in Scotland
- Comfortable wool-free material for itch-free wear
- Measures 60 inches by 65 inches, lots of fabric to keep warm on a cool day
Custom-order. Please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- OUTLANDER Stole Poly/Viscose Tartan made in Scotland (stole made in the USA) of 12 ounce poly/viscose material
- Official Outlander tartan with choice of Outlander and Outlander Fraser tartan
- Durable and authentic
- Comfortable, smooth, and hypoallergenic
- Made in Scotland
- 100% Authentic Premium Wool
- Measures 56″ x 56″
- Light Weight (10/11 oz.) Tartan
- Available in over 500 Tartans
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Made to order in Scotland, choose from 32 Irish County tartans
- Also called a ruana, it is perfect for when you need an extra layer to add some warmth without being too heavy
- It matches any formal or casual outfit—wear it with jeans, a gown, and everything in between
- This piece measures 51 inches by 71 inches and is made with spring weight (8 oz) premium wool
Custom-made just for you. Please allow 6-10 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
I absolutely love this wrap! I can’t do wool, which is why I chose this fabric. Its comfortable, and I had a thistle brooch that I can secure it with. The fabric is soft and comfortable. The wrap hangs well for movement. It is warm enough for cooler temperatures and I plan to crochet a wrap to go underneath it to wear for even colder times because I love it so much. I had no problems with shipping and it arrived sooner than I was expecting! It has been admired several times in public. I actually had someone ask where I got it for his girlfriend who loves Outlander, (he also took a picture of it to make sure he gets the Fraser tartan) and I was very pleased to recommend the Celtic Croft to him and wrote down the website for him. Thank you so much for this wonderful way to wear my fandom. I plan to make more purchases in the future, as soon as I can convince my husband to wear a kilt, as well as more pieces for myself.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Carol Larson (verified owner) –
This is a beautiful wrap! I am so happy with this item. Timely shipping plus a quality item make for a very happy customer, Thank you!
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch