Khaki Military-Style Balmoral/Tam
- SKU: AHB02
- Categories: Hats and Hackles, Seasonal Collections, Ren Fair Collection, Accessories, Clothing and Kilts, Tartan Day Essentials
- Tag: Wool
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
- Color may vary
Size 6.75 | 54cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7 | 56cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7.25 | 58cm | 22.5/8”
Size 77.5 | 60cm | 23 1/2″
Size 7.75 | 62cm | 24 1/5″
Size 8 | 64cm | 25”
The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral harkens back to a proud tradition of service and bravery. We drew our style inspiration from the Khaki Balmoral, a form of military headdress. It was introduced in 1915 for wear by Scottish infantrymen serving in the trenches of the Western Front during World War I. To this day, certain British and Canadian military units, as well as the Royal Regiment of Scotland, continue to wear this style of “bonnet,” as it’s sometimes called. “Khaki” refers to this hat’s traditional tan color, although it can range in color from light brown to olive drab. The Celtic Croft take on the classic is toward a green.
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 8
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Display your Welsh heritage with pride with this cap that is full of Welsh symbolism
- Red embroidery throughout with “Wales” and Welsh dragon on the front, “Cyrmu” on the back, and Welsh flag on the side
- One size fits most (up to 21 inches-25 inches around) and is adjustable with velcro strap
- Black baseball cap with white embroidery on the left side and front bill
- Traditional feather hackles. Attach them to your glengarry or balmoral.
- Hackles are available in 13 vibrant colors that the sun won’t bleach. Color-fast dye protects them from fading or bleeding.
- They attach easily to your hat with a convenient wire loop to add a splash of color to any hat.
- Our hackles are inspired by those of the Historic Fusilier Regiments. Customize your outfit to match your Regiment’s color hackle.
- Our Light Weight Premium Wool Fly Plaid is woven in Scotland and handmade in the USA.
- Choose between standard (36 inches x 58 inches) or XL (54 inches x 58 inches).
- Made with 100% premium lightweight wool (11 or 12 oz), this accessory is available in a fringed or knotted finish.
- The perfect accessory for your casual or formal kilt or phillabeg, it brooches at the shoulder and flows back nicely.
- Wear this tartan hat as a driving cap or golf cap; add a splash of tartan to your everyday wardrobe
- Crafted in a spring weight, approximately 8 ounces; sturdy structure, but will keep you cool
- Made in Scotland from 100% premium wool for true Scottish authenticity
- Choose from over 500 different tartan patterns according to your preference; perfect for mens’ or ladies’ wear