Stainless Steel Endless Knot Ring
About Celtic Knots and Interlacing
In the Middle Ages, Irish monks hand drew interlacing patterns within illuminated manuscripts, namely the Book of Kells. This knot is a single line connected, a metaphor for the soul that these monks believed has no beginning nor end. It’s basically a more complicated version of the infinity sign. The perfect way to connect to your Celtic roots!
Spirals, step patterns, and key patterns are dominant motifs in Celtic art before the Christian influence on the Celts, which began around 450. These designs found their way into early Christian manuscripts and artwork with the addition of depictions from life, such as animals, plants and even humans. In the beginning, the patterns were intricate interwoven cords, called plaits (braids), which can also be found in other areas of Europe, such as Italy, in the 6th century. A fragment of a Gospel Book, now in the Durham Cathedral library and created in northern Britain in the 7th century, contains the earliest example of true knotted designs in the Celtic manner.
7, 7.5, 8, 9, 10.5, 12, 13, 14, 15
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Fine-quality, heavy-bottomed, lowball whisky glass
- Engraved on one side with the Selkirk Grace
- Engraved on the other side with Robert Burns
- Manufactured and hand-engraved in the USA
- Holds 8 ounces
These are currently out of stock, click here to check out these typically in stock favorites!
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- Our kid size rabbit sporran is made from good-quality black leather.
- It features beautiful and fashionable real white rabbit fur.
- The convenient and easy snap closure and included child’s chain strap makes it ideal for children.
- This sporran is the perfect size for children, measuring 6 inches x 5 inches.