MacGregor Modern Homespun Kilt 40″waist 22″length
In stock special price.
Our Quality Wool Blend Kilts are great for athletes, casual wear, first-time buyers, those on a budget, or as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. They are also nice enough that we have many customers use them for weddings and other formal occasions.
Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
- Made from 5 yards homespun wool blend tartan
- Fully lined with 3 traditional straps and buckles
- Off the rack special price – Condition: New
- Campbell (Black Watch) Ancient
Please measure before ordering.
How To Measure for Your Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, for a more casual look, many men prefer to wear their kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.