MacGregor Modern – Homespun Wool Blend Phillabeg – 28W 19L
- SKU: ZIS-PHIL-2798
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Clearance and Specials, Clearance Kilts, LIST M, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tags: Homespun, Wool Blend
- Light, comfortable, allows for freedom of movement and perfect for summer or warm weather
- Made in the USA by a highly skilled kiltmaker and homespun on an old-world loom for an authentic look
- Made with a 55/45 poly/wool and weighs 9 oz but feels heavier
- Choose between several clan and non-clan tartans and available in 4, 5, or 6 yards
Only 1 left in stock
Homespun Wool Blend Phillabeg
Whether you call it a phillabeg, phille-bheagh, feilidh-beag, or a little kilt, you will love this light and comfortable kilt. Perfect for any summer event or warmer weather, this phillabeg provides maximum freedom of movement.
Beyond the practical, it is also beautiful. It is made in the USA by a very talented kilt maker from a 55/45 poly/wool fabric blend that’s been homespun on an old-world loom. This gives it a historic and rustic aesthetic with minor flaws that add character. Custom-made to your measurements, this kilt pleats easily, and instructions are included. Alternatively, Cheater’s Pleats™ are available.
A 4-yard kilt will fit up to about a 34-inch waist, a 5-yard kilt will fit up to about a 44-inch waist, and a 6-yard kilt will fit up to about a 50-inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34-inch waist, a 4-yard phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5-yard phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example, a 6-yard kilt would be overkill with a 34-inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Solid brass buckle
- Shinny chrome plated finish
- Fits all standard kilt belts (2.25″ wide)
- Measures approximately 3.75 X 2.75 inches