Rustic Wood Handled Sgian Dubh – Black Sheath
- Measures 7.5 inches overall with a 4 inch blade
- Rustic wood handle and an authentic made-in-Scotland black sheath
- Traditionally tucked into the top of the kilt hose and worn on the same side as the dominant hand
- Old-fashioned look; pair with a great kilt or ancient kilt or wear it to a historical event
Measuring 7.5 inches with a 4” blade, this quality sheath was made in Scotland. The aged look will complement any great kilt or ancient kilt. You will feel like you’ve traveled back in time with the rustic wood handle.
Part of an authentic Scottish outfit, the Sgian Dubh was worn tucked into the top of a kilt hose and used to prepare and eat biadh (food). It is worn on the same side as your dominant hand. Historians theorize that the secondary meaning of dubh (hidden) is used as the handle of the Sgian Dubh was the only part showing.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Clan Crest Standard Sgian Dubh (sock knife) made in Scotland with over 100 clan crests to choose
- Quality craftsmanship, affordable and practical with a stainless steel blade
- Antiqued metal mounts and yellow (plastic) jewel top; fits nicely into kilt hose
- Chromed metal accents and Scottish thistle detailing (the symbol for nobility and courage)
- Each Stag Handle Sgian Dubh is unique.
- It’s hand-carved in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen from the antler of a red stag.
- We pair this piece with a stainless steel blade and embossed leather sheath.
- The perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit, it tucks nicely into kilt hose.
- 8.5” Damascus blade brass-inlaid in rosewood for additional grip; smaller than a typical dirk
- Includes fine-quality leather sheath, weapon’s disclaimer, and care instructions to keep you safe
- Ornate embellishments of gold and silver color throughout the rosewood; compliments any Celtic outfit elegantly
- Style of dirk a historical blade used for hand-to-hand combat for officers in the Age of Sail as well as Highlanders