Rob Roy Movie Tartan Earasaid
- SKU: LERR
- Categories: Clans and Tartans, Clothing and Kilts, Earasaids, Ren Fair Collection, Rob Roy, Seasonal Collections, Specialty Tartans
- Tags: Custom-Order, Rob Roy, Wool
- Traditional Earasaid made with 100% wool tartan woven in Scotland
- Woven by the same weaver as the kilts in the movie Rob Roy with an authentic and rustic look
- Comes with pleating instructions for your convenience
- Custom-made for a perfect fit and cheater pleats available too
Rob Roy Movie Tartan Earasaid
The Earasaid (aka erasaid or arisaid) is essentially the women’s version of the Great Kilt. Extremely versatile, this traditional piece can be worn long or short, over an under-dress, pleated, or bunched! And any fan of the Rob Roy movie will recognize the official tartan used in the film – it is actually woven in Scotland by the same weaver as the kilts used in the filming!
With its weathered colors and authentic, rustic look, this earasaid makes a perfect complement to any period costume. You can assure the perfect fit with a custom made earasaid just for you! If the pleating seems daunting, we have you covered – pleating instructions are included, and you even have the option of adding cheater pleats too for your convenience.
We make our Rob Roy earasaid from the same 100% wool tartan, woven in Scotland, by the same weaver, as the kilts used in the filming of the movie “Rob Roy”! The Rob Roy Movie Tartan is a very authentic, rustic, plain-weave tartan, in weathered colors. Rob Roy Tartan is a 13oz. (medium weight) fabric and woven 60 inches wide.
The earasaid has less fabric in it than a great kilt. Why? Because the earasaid generally doesn’t wrap completely around the front like a greatkilt, and it has less pleats. An earasaid usually has just a few large pleats in the back — sometimes even just bunched-up instead of pleated. I say “generally” and “usually” because the earasaid is so very versatile — you can wear it however you want.
We make three different sizes of earasaid (2.5 yd, 3 yd, and 4 yd). There are two basic ways you can choose to wear an earasaid. Which size you choose depends on your waist size, and how you want to wear your earasaid.
Method #1: The earasaid will be worn from knee to mid-calf length (maximum of about 27″ long). You should be able to bring fabric over one shoulder or both, and brooch it in front. You should have plenty of pleats, and enough fabric meet in the front, or overlap a bit if you want it to. A 2.5 yard earasaid will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 3 yard earasaid will fit up to about a 40 inch waist, and a 4 yard earasaid will fit 40+ inch waist sizes.
Method #2: The earasaid will be worn floor length. You should be able to bring fabric up over your head if you want to, and brooch it like a hooded cloak. Worn this way you’ll be limited by the width of the fabric. You can make your earasaid fit almost any waist size, but you’ll have only a few pleats, and just enough fabric meet in the front (maybe). This method works best with a 2.5 yd earasaid. You can make it work a 3 or (maybe) 4 yard earasaid, but you end up with too much fabric to deal with above your head and shoulders.
Pleating instructions are included with each earasaid (Earasaid Instructions.PDF). Because it’s so versatile, we would encourage you to pleat it yourself each time you wear it. That way you can change the length and style or number of pleats any time you want to. However, we can pleat it for you and stitch everything into place. This makes it very easy to wear, but you’ll need to decide on a length and stick with it. If you’re interested, just add Cheater Pleats™ to your shopping cart after you add your earasaid. Please allow an extra 2-3 weeks for delivery with this option.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Choose from 100 tartans and proudly celebrate your clan and family heritage in your Homespun Wool Blend Earasaid
- Available in 55/45 polyester and wool homespun blend, handspun on old-world looms for a loose, historically authentic fabric weave
- Rustic fabric on our Homespun Wool Blend Earasaid pleats easily, but you can custom-order it with our Cheater Pleats™
- Select from 2.5, 3, and 4-yard sizes for an ideal fit
- The earasaid is essentially the women’s version of the greatkilt
- Worn over an under-dress, the earasaid can be very versatile
- The perfect compliment to any period costume
- Available in 3 lengths 2.5 yrd, 3 yrd, 4 yrd
- Celebrate your family’s ancestral crest with this elegant 5-ounce flask with 24ct gold accents as unique as your clan’s honorable history
- Made in Scotland from high-quality cast pewter for added Scottish authenticity—please allow 6-10 weeks for shipping
- Includes its own funnel and arrives gift-boxed for exceptional convenience, making it the perfect gift for the proud Scot in your life—even if that’s you!
- Carry your historical family pride with you in this subtle but eye-catching accessory wherever you go and never be too far away from your favorite drink
- The Clan Crest Kilt Belt Buckle is made in Scotland from high-quality lead-free pewter with an antiqued finish for maximum authenticity
- Display your heritage and pride with over 200 clan crest options available
- The versatile piece fits any standard kilt belt
- The belt buckle measures 4 x 2.75 inches, so it’s sure to be noticed