Sinclair Ancient Tartan Pleated 8 Yard Ancient Kilt – Homespun Wool Blend – 42W 20L
- SKU: KILT-IS-2326
- Categories: Clearance and Specials, A-Z by Name or Tartan, LIST S, Clearance Kilts, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tags: Homespun, Wool
- Handmade in the USA
- Rustic Homespun Tartan
- Medieval Aesthetic
- Braveheart Style
- Durable 55/45 Poly/Wool Blend
Only 1 left in stock
Homespun Wool Blend Ancient Kilt
What is an Ancient Kilt?
These are the same style kilts worn in the movie Braveheart! Our Ancient Kilts are perfect for Renaissance festivals, weddings, reenactment events, or a distinctive look at your next Highland games. Depending on who you talk to, they may be historically accurate or not, but our Ancient Kilt is much cooler and more practical than a Great Kilt for hot weather wear. We recommend them to anyone looking for the Renaissance Highland look.
How is it different?
The Ancient Kilt is basically a Phillabeg with an extra 2-3 yards of tartan attached. This extra tartan serves as a sash or fly plaid, worn over your shoulder once the kilt is pleated. An Ancient Kilt is different from a Great Kilt because it is made from a longer piece of single-width fabric (25-30 inches wide). This means you don’t have the bulk of fabric above the belt that you do with a great kilt. (Great kilts are made from double-width fabric, 54-60 inches wide).
About Homespun Tartan
This kilt is made-to-order in the USA from our Homespun wool blend tartan. Our Homespun tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester and wool. It is woven by hand on old-world looms, and looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character. Homespun is approximately a 10/11 oz. fabric, but feels thicker due to it’s looser weave.
How to measure for your Ancient Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Kilt Waist: Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Kilt Length: Measure the length from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The raven is known for its strength and wisdom—add these qualities to your everyday look
- 100% cotton, screen-printed, and always pre-shrunk, so you know this shirt won’t shrink in the wash
- Choose from sizes small to 3XL to find the perfect fit.
- Made in the USA and crafted with striking colors, making it a great gift
- Discontinued — On sale while supplies last!
- Made in Scotland using cast pewter
- Intricate Celtic knot and weave design—with no beginning or end, it represents eternity
- Sturdy and solid construction gives it a good weight
- Measures 3.5 inches by 2.63 inches and fits any standard kilt measuring 2.5 inches wide