MacBeth Modern Tartan 4 Yard Earasaid – Poly/Viscose Wool Free
- SKU: EARA-IS-2519
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Assorted Tartan Stuff, Clearance and Specials, Clearance Kilted Skirts, Clearance Ladieswear, Clearance Tartan Stuff, LIST M
- Tags: Made in UK, Poly Viscose, Wool Free
2.5 yrd, $139
3 yrd, $160
4 yrd, $205
Special Order. Please allow 3-8 weeks for delivery. Click for important information.
Only 1 left in stock
Poly/Viscose (Wool Free) Earasaid
The earasaid (aka erasaid or arisaid) is essentially the women’s version of the greatkilt. Worn over an under-dress, the earasaid can be very versatile. It can be worn long or short, for warmth or for style. The perfect compliment to any period costume. Pleating instructions are included with each earasaid.
We make these earasaids from light weight (10/11 oz.) poly/viscose tartan, woven from a 65/35 blend of polyester and viscose. Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking tartan for less, a poly/viscose synthetic blend earasaid is a great way to go! Hard wearing, washable, and cool to wear, to the untrained eye it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan. While the weave is not as authentic as Homespun tartan, many people appreciate the crisp look of the modern tartan fabrics in a an earasaid. With about about 60 tartans available to choose from, it’s the most affordable option for many tartans.
NOTE: (most) poly/viscose tartans are not woven with a kilting selvage, so the bottom edge of the earasaid will (probably) be hemmed, and the top edge will be fringed. Approximately 58 inches finished width.
The earasaid has less fabric in it than a great kilt. Why? Because the earasaid generally doesn’t wrap completely around the front like a greatkilt, and it has less pleats. An earasaid usually has just a few large pleats in the back ? sometimes even just bunched-up instead of pleated. I say “generally” and “usually” because the earasaid is so very versatile ? you can wear it however you want.
We make three different sizes of earasaid (2.5 yd, 3 yd, and 4 yd). There are two basic ways you can choose to wear an earasaid. Which size you choose depends on your waist size, and how you want to wear your earasaid.
Method #1: The earasaid will be worn from knee to mid-calf length (maximum of about 27″ long). You should be able to bring fabric over one shoulder or both, and brooch it in front. You should have plenty of pleats, and enough fabric meet in the front, or overlap a bit if you want it to. A 2.5 yard earasaid will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 3 yard earasaid will fit up to about a 40 inch waist, and a 4 yard earasaid will fit 40+ inch waist sizes.
Method #2: The earasaid will be worn floor length. You should be able to bring fabric up over your head if you want to, and brooch it like a hooded cloak. Worn this way you’ll be limited by the width of the fabric. You can make your earasaid fit almost any waist size, but you’ll have only a few pleats, and just enough fabric meet in the front (maybe). This method works best with a 2.5 yd earasaid. You can make it work a 3 or (maybe) 4 yard earasaid, but you end up with too much fabric to deal with above your head and shoulders.
Pleating instructions are included with each earasaid. Because it’s so versatile, we would encourage you to pleat it yourself each time you wear it. That way you can change the length and style or number of pleats any time you want to.
What is Poly/Viscose?
Poly is short for polyester, which is a durable, smooth, synthetic fiber. You may know viscose by the name rayon. Workers make rayon from cellulose fiber, which comes from wood and plants. In this case, the viscose is made to imitate wool. These two fibers blend together to create a durable, non-felting, non-pilling, hypoallergenic fabric that retains the same wonderful, natural aesthetics of wool.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Celtic swirl design shows the Celtic knot and interlacing patterns that have been part of our heritage for centuries
- Made with solid cast brass and given an antiqued chrome-plated finish
- Measures 3.75 inches by 2.75 inches and is compatible with all standard kilt belt buckles (2.25 inches wide)
- Sturdy and well-made, but light enough to wear all day long (even if you’re dancing!)
- The Highland Serpent Antiqued Kilt Belt Buckle is made in Scotland and features Celtic knot border design
- This piece boasts solid cast brass with an antiqued silver finish. It’s perfect for nearly any occasion
- It measures a respectable 4 inches x 3 inches, and it’s compatible with all standard kilt belts (2.25 inches)
- Sturdy construction with intricate design detail combine for an attractive accessory to complete any kilted outfit
- Solid brass buckle
- Shinny chrome plated finish
- Fits all standard kilt belts (2.25″ wide)
- Measures approximately 3.75 X 2.75 inches
- Made in Scotland using cast pewter
- Intricate Celtic knot and weave design—with no beginning or end, it represents eternity
- Sturdy and solid construction gives it a good weight
- Measures 3.5 inches by 2.63 inches and fits any standard kilt measuring 2.5 inches wide