Our Braemar jackets are almost identical to the argyle jacket but with prince charlie style sleeve buttons instead of a gauntlet cuff. Made in Scotland from 100% pure new wool Barathea, in your choice of black, navy blue, bottle green, or burgundy. Available in sizes 38-56 short, regular, and long (sizes 48-52 add $35, sizes 54-56 add $45). Larger sizes are available upon request, please call for more information.
- Made in Scotland
- 100% Barathea Wool
- Black, Navy Blue, Bottle Green, or Burgundy
- Sizes 38-56 Short, Regular, and Long
- Larger Sizes Available upon Request
- Please allow 10-18 weeks for delivery
The Braemar jacket is less formal than a Prince Charlie, but still extremely nice, and is appropriate for all semi-formal and formal occasions. In appearance and function, it is essentially the Scottish dress equivalent of a nice suit coat. See below for measuring instructions.
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side, take a deep breath and measure under your arms. The larger of the two is your chest measurement, which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut. Another way around this is to order the jacket based on your chest and your vest separately based on your waist.