Kilkenny Jacket and Vest
Like the Argyle jacket for Scots, the Irish Kilkenny jacket is the last word in traditional Irish dress. Worn with a kilt / trousers and accessories, the Kilkenny is perfect for any formal, semi dress or casual occasion – from weddings to ceilidhs. Tailored from top quality 100% Barathea Wool, with a more rounded cut for a distinctive Irish style, this jacket will keep its shape for generations to comes.
- Made in Scotland
- 100% Barathea Wool
- Black or Bottle Green
- Sizes 38-56 Short, Regular, or Long
- Larger Sizes Available upon Request
- Please allow 10-18 weeks for delivery
Available in sizes 38-56 short, regular, and long (sizes 48-52 add $35, sizes 54-56 add $45) Larger sizes are available upon request, please call for more information. See below for measuring instructions.
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side and measure your chest. The larger of these two is your chest measurement which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut.