Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip
- SKU: WSZ12
- Categories: Dirks and Daggers, Ren Fair Collection, Seasonal Collections, Sgian Achlais, Weaponry, Weaponry
- Tags: Damascus, Wood
- Channel your inner Highland warrior with the Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip, perfect for authentic Celtic outfits.
- The Sgian Achlais comes with a fine quality leather sheath, brass inlaid hilt, and rosewood and olivewood grip.
- A leather loop on the back side of the sheath attaches to a cord, rope, or standard belt.
- The Damascus steel blade measures 4½ inches, and the entire knife measures 9 inches.
Out of stock
This is our coolest dagger! The sgian dubh was for utility, but the sgian achlais (armpit dagger) was a weapon. It was usually concealed under the arm and was possibly slung with a strap or cord or tucked into a great kilt.
Each knife has a 4½ inch Damascus steel blade with the entire knife measuring 9 inches. The fine quality leather sheath, brass-inlaid hilt, and rosewood/olivewood grip give it a historic feel.
The sheath’s backside has a leather loop so it can attach to a strap, cord, or belt (but the loop is not wide enough for a kilt belt).
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Polished Rhodium-Plated Scottish Thistle Mounts
- Choose from 6 Stone Colors: Cairngorm, Red, Green, Blue, Black, and Amethyst
- Very Nice Display and Storage Case
- More than 250 Clan Crests Available
- Special-order. Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about special-order items.
- Well-made Sgian Dubh made in Scotland with a 3.5-inch stainless steel blade
- Genuine stag antler handle for a unique and one of a kind authentic look
- Comes with a leather sheath embossed with a traditional Celtic knot design
- Perfect for collectors or practical use
- Clan Crest Standard Sgian Dubh (sock knife) made in Scotland with over 100 clan crests to choose
- Quality craftsmanship, affordable and practical with a stainless steel blade
- Antiqued metal mounts and yellow (plastic) jewel top; fits nicely into kilt hose
- Chromed metal accents and Scottish thistle detailing (the symbol for nobility and courage)