Irish Tartan Premium Wool Ancient Kilt
Bid a hearty Céad míle fáilte (a thousand welcomes) to guests at your next function with the Irish Tartan Premium Wool Ancient Kilt. Movie buffs will recognize this kilt style from the immortal Celtic classic Braveheart. You will love wearing this distinctive garment at reenactments, Renaissance fairs, or Highland Games. This kilt is on the lighter side, making it perfect for warm-weather events! Available in three different sizes and a range of Irish tartans bespoke quality. Many from the famed Scottish kilt manufacturer House of Edgar. What’s more, you can pleat it yourself or customize this kilt with our no-fuss Cheater Pleated™ option.
This is a custom, made-to-order product just for you. Premium wool tartans generally take 4-10 weeks to get to us, depending on availability. Once your tartan arrives to us, it will take us a day or two to complete your kilt (add a day for cheater pleats) and then your kilt will ship to you! Please click here for more information on custom-order items.
- 6 yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 38 inch waist.
- 8 yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 48 inch waist.
- 10 yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about about a 62 inch waist.
- Larger kilts are available. Please contact us.
Depending on waist size, pleats will vary between one and two inches wide (pleats will get wider as waist size increases). If your waist size is close to one of the limits above, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
How to measure for your Ancient Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Kilt Waist: Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Kilt Length: Measure the length from your waist to about the middle of the knee.