OUTLANDER Great Kilt Poly/Viscose Tartan
- SKU: OKGPV
- Categories: Clothing and Kilts, Great Kilts, Holiday Gift Guide, Kilts, Last Min Halloween Ideas, Outlander, OUTLANDER Kilts, Outlander Tartan Kilts, Ren Fair Collection, Seasonal Collections
- Tags: Custom-Order, OUTLANDER, Poly Viscose
- Heritage quality, impressive, custom-built kilt both hypoallergenic and durable
- Made with a 12 oz poly/viscose blend with a kilting selvage that is indistinguishable from wool to the naked eye
- Choose between two officially licensed Outlander tartans made from your choice of yardage; fabric woven in Scotland
- Double-width kilt with traditional pleating instructions included; choose the “Cheater’s Pleating” option to have it pleated for you
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
$275.00 – $485.00
Just like the kilts worn in OUTLANDER: The Series! These Great Kilts are made from the officially Licensed OUTLANDER: The Series Poly/Viscose Tartans!
These poly/viscose tartans are a wool-free version of the tartans created for, and worn by your favorite characters, in OUTLANDER The Series! Now you can have your very own OUTLANDER poly/viscose kilt!
Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking tartan for less than premium wool, our OUTLANDER synthetic blend is a great way to go! Our Poly/Viscose Tartan is hard wearing and cool to wear. To the untrained eye it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan. The OUTLANDER tartans are woven as a hopsack plain weave with a wash only, to give it that natural look. The weight of the fabric is 12oz, with a kilting selvedge. The tartan is woven in the UK, and each OUTLANDER poly/viscose Great Kilt is custom-made by us in the USA.
Just like in OUTLANDER: The Series, the Great Kilt is traditionally pleated each time you wear it. Pleating instructions will be included with your kilt (you can also download them here). Basically, you lay your kilt out on clean ground, the floor, or a bed. Pull fabric into pleats until it is nearly all used, leaving just enough to wrap around you. Then the whole works is held around you with your belt.
What is Poly/Viscose?
Poly is short for polyester, which is a durable, smooth, synthetic fiber. You may know viscose by the name rayon. Workers make rayon from cellulose fiber, which comes from wood and plants. In this case, the viscose is made to imitate wool. These two fibers blend together to create a durable, non-felting, non-pilling, hypoallergenic fabric that retains the same wonderful, natural aesthetics of wool.
If you don’t want to pleat your kilt yourself, we offer Cheater Pleats™ as a convenient option. If you choose Cheater Pleats™, we’ll pleat the kilt for you, and stitch in a hidden waistband to hold it together. Once you belt it on, no one will know you didn’t pleat it yourself! Our standard options are pleat-to-sette, lightly ironed. If you would like different cheater pleat options, choose the “Custom” option, and add the Cheater Pleats™ product to your order in addition to your kilt.
NOTE — We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you select Cheater Pleats™ as an option.
Custom-order. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. We try to keep the OUTLANDER tartans in stock at all times, but if the tartan you have chosen is temporarily out of stock, you may need to wait up to 8 weeks for delivery. We will contact you if we expect any delays.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist.
A 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist.
A 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 54 inch waist.
(Larger kilts are available. Please contact us.)
Depending on waist size, pleats will vary between one and two inches wide (pleats will get wider as waist size increases). If your waist size is close to one of the limits above, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
How to measure for your OUTLANDER Great Kilt:
1) Kilt Waist: Measure your waist size in inches at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants. This measurement will probably be 2-4 inches larger than your pants size.
2) Kilt Length: Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee. Have someone help you! If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will be wrong.
Note — For a Great Kilt, the length measurement is only really important if you are adding Cheater Pleats™. But the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right! If you pleat the kilt yourself, you can adjust the length as needed once you belt it on.
For more general information about Great Kilts, please see our Great Kilts pages.
Please Note — Our OUTLANDER product licensing agreement allows us to ship Outlander products to U.S. and Canadian addresses only. For more information, please see our International Shipping Information Page.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
OUTLANDER, OUTLANDER Fraser
|Great Kilt Size||
4 Yard Great Kilt, 5 Yard Great Kilt, 6 Yard Great Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
No Pleats, Pleat to Sett, Pleat to Stripe, Box Pleats
Do not iron, Lightly ironed, Crisply ironed
|Straps and Buckles||
No Straps or Buckles, Add Straps and Buckles
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
What others are saying
Continue as a Guest
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Our phillabegs (little kilt) are made in the USA from our medium weight premium wool tartan that is woven in Scotland. The Phillabeg is an early predecessor of today’s modern kilt, dating back to at least the late 1600’s. It is simply a length of tartan about 25″ wide and about 4 yds long, loosely bunched or pleated, and held about the waist with a belt. Perfect for Renaissance festivals, Renaissance weddings, casual wear, Irish fairs and Highland games.
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 6-12 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Braveheart-style traditional kilt made from 6-10 yards of tartan woven in Scotland and then sewn in the US
- Over 500 clan and non-clan tartan to choose from, featuring an extra-long apron to use as a fly plaid to throw over your shoulder or wrap around your waist
- Single-width fabric, lightweight and perfect for warm-weather wear
- Customizable fits up to 60-inch waist, and add pre-pleated Cheater pleats for convenience
Custom-made just for you. Please allow 6-12 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Custom Made in Scotland
- 2″ hem to allow for a bit of growth
- Kilt length up to 10″ $170.00
- Kilt length 10″ – 15″ $195.00
- Kilt length 16″ – 17″ $210.00
- Kilt length 18″ – 20″ $225.00
Custom made just for you! Please allow 4-10 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Cheater Pleats are Available
- Heavy weight (15/16 oz.) premium wool tartan
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist) $499.00
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist) $619.00
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist) $739.00
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 4-12 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
Paul K. –
Purchased the 6 yard Fraser tartan Feile Mor in the polyviscose, no cheater pleats or buckles. I wanted to learn to pleat and wear this in the traditional styles. I’ve pleated it both “to set” and “to stripe”. The look is very different for each.
In either case, it looks fantastic, swings very well once pleated, and I like the varieties of styles I can wear it in.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Jerry C. –
Great Product! Very hard to tell from wool, event up close; much easier to care for. I am very pleased with this product.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Gary Inglis –
Beautiful looking great kilt!!!!!! It took me a couple times to get the hang of putting it on but now it’s a breeze. Lots of compliments on this kilt. I highly recommend this garment!!!!!
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Clint C –
I purchased the 5 yard kilt with cheater pleats in Brown Watch tartan for RenFaire. Service and product quality was excellent. I highly recommend.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
JohnnieL (verified owner) –
I received my 5 yard great kilt today along with the Cornish Pewter Celtic Pennannular Brooch. All basic, Fraiser tartan and no cheater pleats. Colour surprised me in a positive way (not as blue as the pictures showed). It is absolutely beautiful. So now the study of the Scottish garment begins.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch