US Marine Corps Casual Kilt
Our Casual Kilts are made to order in Scotland from 4-5 yards of premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland. Light weight wool makes a nice kilt, especially for hot weather wear.
- US Army Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Kilt Made in Scotland
- 4-5 Yards of Premium Wool
- Light or Medium Weight Tartan
- Cool and Practical Design
- Thin, Breathable Fabric (Light Weight)
- Recommended for Summer Events
The U.S. Marine Corps Tartan was created in 1986. It is not officially sanctioned by the Marine Corps, but it is widely worn and recognized by Marine Corps families all around the world. It makes a fine looking kilt!
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, many men prefer to wear their Casual Kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist is more formal, but it will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!