OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan
- SKU: OTWPV
- Categories: Holiday Gift Guide, Mothers Day, OUTLANDER Shawls and Wraps, Tartan Day Essentials, Tartan Serapes, Tartan Shawls and Wraps
- Tags: OUTLANDER, Poly Viscose
- OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan’s material is woven in Scotland and then made in the USA
- Embrace your inner Outlander with an Official OUTLANDER serape or ruana.
- Measures 54 inches X 70 inches, made from Hypoallergenic Poly/Viscose material (65/35 blend of polyester and viscose rayon)
- Outlanders weavers took great care to design with the colors and style of looming that would have been available at the time and area of the Fraser Clan
OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan
This piece is the must-have wrap for the colder weather season wardrobe. This wrap has a hole for your head and a split to give you wearable options. Wear as a wrap or drape around your shoulders like a shawl. If you’re allergic to wool this is the tartan to own! The tartan is designed as authentically as possible with the same dyes from vegetation that the Clan had access to in the 18th century. It’s weave is a looser, rustic weave that weavers would have been doing at the time. The colors are brown and grey, which would have acted as camouflage while hunting.
Please Note — Our OUTLANDER product licensing agreement allows us to ship Outlander products to U.S. and Canadian addresses only. For more information, please see our International Shipping Information Page.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About the Fraser Tartan from OUTLANDER: The Series
Starz teamed up with a mill in Scotland in order to create these tartans in the most authentic way possible. This tartan consists of colors grey, brown, gold, red, and black. The neutral tones of brown and grey take up most of the space in the pattern, seemingly imitating the expanse of stone and brown vegetation of the Scottish Highlands in winter. The small stripes of black are hardly noticeable, and the gold and red act as accents. You might recognize it as the tartan that Jamie Fraser wears for his wedding.
The Fraser tartan for OUTLANDER is modeled after the Fraser Hunting Weathered Tartan. (Available in homespun and light weight tartans. Homespun swatch. Light weight swatch. Homespun tartan digital swatches.) The latter tartan consists of large expanses of grey and brown, and small accents of white and red. Hunting tartans are, in general, a more natural colored version of clan tartans. Because of this, they blend into natural environments, and camouflage the wearer. Weathered tartans tend to be a more faded version of tartans, because they often come in natural hues. When comparing the two tartans, one can see the aspects that the designer borrowed from the Fraser Hunting Weathered Tartan. He created a wonderfully calming tartan that lends itself well to the natural setting of OUTLANDER: The Series. This tartan is excellent for events held in forests, mountains, by a river, or other natural settings.
About the OUTLANDER Tartan
The OUTLANDER tartan consists of only two colors: grey and brown. The pattern is similar to Black Watch (aka Campbell) tartans. The tartan is also similar to OUTLANDER Fraser, but without the small stripes of accent colors. This tartan will complement most any outfit, because of its neutral tones. Since the colors are so rustic, you’ll look excellent wearing this tartan at events held in forests, mountains, by a river, or other natural settings. It can really be worn by anyone, even if you’re not a fan of OUTLANDER.
OUTLANDER, OUTLANDER Fraser
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Continue as a Guest
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- Choose from three official Outlander tartans all woven in Scotland by the same mill that created the tartans worn on the hit show, Outlander: The Series
- Tartans are predominantly brown and grey with slight accent colors. They’re a rustic and neutral to compliment any winter outfit
- Called a wrap, sarape, or rauna, it’s essentially a large shawl with a hole for your head and split up the front
- It’s made with 12 oz, 100% premium wool with a fringed edge and measures 54 inches x 54 inches
- Official OUTLANDER Scottish tartan; measures 50 inches x 72” inches and weighs approximately 12 ounces
- Made from 100% authentic lambswool to keep you cozy on a cold Scottish afternoon
- Wear as a wrap, shawl, serape, or ruana to suit your preferences; let it drape or wrap around your shoulders or head
- Wear your highland pride with an OUTLANDER tartan that reflects the neutral and earthy tones of the Scottish highlands
- Outlander and Fraser are out of stock until spring 2021
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made in Wales
- Medium Weight Tartan (12/13oz.)
- 100% Premium Wool
- Measures Approx. 69″ x 56″
- Several Welsh Tartans Available
Special-order. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about special-order items.
- OUTLANDER XL Wrap Authentic Premium Wool Tartan’s material is crafted in Scotland and the wrap made in the USA.
- It’s an officially licensed OUTLANDER serape or ruana that true fans will appreciate.
- The wrap measures 54 inches X 70 inches. It’s made from a tartan of 12 oz and 100% premium wool.
- The show’s weavers took great care with the accuracy of the colors and to employ 18th century looming techniques.
- Warm, cozy serape made for cool days. Also called a ruana
- Made in the USA and measures approximately 54 inches x 70 inches
- Choose between 100 historical or modern tartans
- Made with a 55/45 polyester and wool blend and homespun on an old world loom. Includes snags, pulls, and other minor flaws common to this process
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Made in Scotland
- 100% Authentic Premium Wool
- Measures 56″ x 56″
- Light Weight (10/11 oz.) Tartan
- Available in over 500 Tartans
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
0 reviews with a 2-star rating
There are no reviews with a 2-star rating yet