The tradition of wearing wreath sashes can be traced back to ancient Rome, where victorious military leaders would be awarded wreaths made of laurel leaves. These wreaths were worn as a sign of honor and achievement. As time went on, wreath sashes became more elaborate, incorporating different materials and designs to reflect the wearer’s status and achievements.
Today, wreath sashes continue to be used in various ceremonies and events, serving as a visible symbol of honor and accomplishment. Whether worn by military personnel, graduates, or pageant winners, wreath sashes carry a rich history and cultural significance that adds meaning and prestige to the wearer.
Available in over 100 tartans, you can show off your Scottish heritage, find one to match your homespun kilt, or match your spouse! Handwoven on old-world looms, our homespun tartan has a more authentic and historically accurate look than modern, machine-made tartan and creates a rustic, looser weave.
Simple, lightweight, and affordable, this traditional tartan sash is the perfect way to make any outfit a Celtic outfit – add a penannular brooch or matching tartan balmoral to complete the look!
- Woven by hand on old-world looms for an authentic look
- Made with a quality 55/45 blend of polyester and wool
- Tartan wreath sash is the perfect Christmas decor, and makes a great gift!
- Choose from 100 ancient and modern tartan, both clan and non-clan
- Available in sizes 5″ x 45″ or 6″ x 55″