Classic Wrought Iron Penannular Brooch
- SKU: JPBI
- Categories: Stocking Stuffers, Penannular Plaid Brooches, Celtic Pins and Brooches, Penannular Brooches, Seasonal Collections, Ren Fair Collection, Accessories, Great Gifts Under $100, Holiday Gift Guide
- Tags: Iron, Penannular, Wrought
- Classic, historically accurate wrought iron penannular brooch with 3-inch diameter
- Hand-forged; each brooch has a unique look and is versatile for enough for any outfit
- Secures fly plaids, ancient kilt aprons, great kilt fabric, and other clothing items
- Resembles Penannular brooch worn by Jamie Fraser in OUTLANDER
In stock (can be backordered)
Tartan Jewelry Gift Bag
- Customizable tartan jewelry gift bag
- Measures approximately 4inches wide by 5.5 inches long
- Pull string closure to keep your treasures safe
- Bring tartan culture to everyday used
This wrought iron penannular brooch, or “Celtic brooch,” is often used for fastening fly plaids, aprons of ancient kilts, and other clothing. You might recognize it is similar to the one that Jamie Fraser from OUTLANDER wears to fasten his great kilt, but it has its roots in the Celtic world as far back as 600 AD!
Sturdy enough to hold down a heavy kilt, scarf, or other clothing items, this brooch is simple, practical, and versatile enough to make its way onto all of your outfits, whether for daily use or at your next Renaissance Fair! Perfect for casual Highland dress, with its authentic and antique look, it will definitely make a statement.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Antiqued Thistle Standard Plaid Brooch in brass has an antiqued lacquered finish.
- It’s approximately 3.25 inches in diameter, embellished with a border of thistles with a large thistle in the center.
- This vintage-style piece is sturdy enough to pin to support a piper’s plaid, fly plaid, great kilt, or ancient kilt.
- Our Antique Thistle Collection celebrates a Scottish symbol. Save $20 when you purchase a set of 4 Antique Thistle accessories.
- The Clan Crest Mini Brooch is made in Scotland from high-quality, lead-free pewter for authentic Celtic style
- It features rhodium plating for a shiny finish
- This heirloom-quality piece measures 1 inch, the perfect size to add to sashes and scarves
- These brooches are available in 100+ clan crests, so you can choose yours
- Made in Scotland with solid polished pewter; measures 1½ x ¾ inches
- Choose between over 100 tartans to display your family heritage
- Makes a great scarf, sash, hat pin, or can be pinned to your lapel
- High-quality, intricately detailed with a strong pin back