Khaki Military-Style Balmoral/Tam
- SKU: AHB02
- Categories: Accessories, Clothing and Kilts, Hats and Hackles, Ren Fair Collection, Seasonal Collections, Tartan Day Essentials
- Tags: Military, Wool
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
- Color may vary slightly
|Size 6.75||54cm||21 7/8”|
|Size 7.5||60cm||23 1/2″|
|Size 7.75||62cm||24 1/5″|
The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral harkens back to a proud tradition of service and bravery. We drew our style inspiration from the Khaki Balmoral, a form of military headdress. It was introduced in 1915 for wear by Scottish infantrymen serving in the trenches of the Western Front during World War I. To this day, certain British and Canadian military units, as well as the Royal Regiment of Scotland, continue to wear this style of “bonnet,” as it’s sometimes called. “Khaki” refers to this hat’s traditional tan color, although it can range in color from light brown to olive drab. The Celtic Croft take on the classic is toward a green.
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 7 7/8, 8
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made in Scotland
- Spring Weight (8oz) Premium Wool
- One Size Fits All Design
- Adjustable Velcro Back
- Choose from More than 500 Tartans
- Whether you’re walking in the park or accessorizing for the Highland Games, the Tartan Tam—Spring Weight is an unmistakably Celtic accessory
- Add a splash of tartan without getting too hot—these tams’ spring weight means a mere 8 ounces of premium wool
- Endlessly versatile, these unisex tams are one-size-fits-all with an elastic headband. Choose from over 500 tartans
- Made custom just for you and shipped directly from Scotland for genuine authenticity—please expect 6 to 10 weeks for delivery
- Our Light Weight Premium Wool Fly Plaid is woven in Scotland and handmade in the USA.
- Choose between standard (36 inches x 58 inches) or XL (54 inches x 58 inches).
- Made with 100% premium lightweight wool (11 or 12 oz), this accessory is available in a fringed or knotted finish.
- The perfect accessory for your casual or formal kilt or phillabeg, it brooches at the shoulder and flows back nicely.
- Tartan balmoral made in Scotland; perfect for men or women
- Made with Spring Weight (8oz) premium wool; lightweight and warm
- Choose from more than 500 ancient and modern tartans
- One-size-fits-all design with an adjustable drawstring tie in back
Due to supply issues in Scotland, these can take up to 10 months. Please be aware of the possible delay before ordering.