Khaki Military-Style Balmoral/Tam
- SKU: AHB02
- Categories: Accessories, Clothing and Kilts, Hats and Hackles, Ren Fair Collection, Seasonal Collections, Tartan Day Essentials
- Tag: Wool
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
- Color may vary
Size 6.75 | 54cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7 | 56cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7.25 | 58cm | 22.5/8”
Size 77.5 | 60cm | 23 1/2″
Size 7.75 | 62cm | 24 1/5″
Size 8 | 64cm | 25”
The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral harkens back to a proud tradition of service and bravery. We drew our style inspiration from the Khaki Balmoral, a form of military headdress. It was introduced in 1915 for wear by Scottish infantrymen serving in the trenches of the Western Front during World War I. To this day, certain British and Canadian military units, as well as the Royal Regiment of Scotland, continue to wear this style of “bonnet,” as it’s sometimes called. “Khaki” refers to this hat’s traditional tan color, although it can range in color from light brown to olive drab. The Celtic Croft take on the classic is toward a green.
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 8
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Make a statement the next time you go out. Display your Scottish pride while staying fashionable, no matter the occasion!
- Available in over 80 tartans, the perfect way to accent any outfit with a Celtic flair. The Sash measures 54 inches by 9 inches
- Lightweight and comfortable, this set will look great and essential during spring, fall, or even summer days.
- Made from our signature homespun fabric to produce a classic, authentic look
- The drawstring in the back of the Tam makes it the right fit for everyone – Great for couples, one for each!
- Tartan balmoral made in Scotland; perfect for men or women
- Made with Spring Weight (8oz) premium wool; lightweight and warm
- Choose from more than 500 ancient and modern tartans
- One-size-fits-all design with an adjustable drawstring tie in back
Due to supply issues in Scotland, we are not taking any new orders for this item. We will fulfill any outstanding orders as they arrive. If you have an exciting order, please know we appreciate your kind patience. We hope to be able to offer these beautiful balmorals again soon.
- Traditional balmoral made from 100% felted wool, perfect for Highland dress
- Choose between four colors and patterns to match your favorite kilts and Celtic outfits
- Lined for your comfort with Grosgrain ribbon down the back
- Available in sizes 6.75-8 to fit various heads
- Inspired by the Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanter, worn in the hit show Outlander: The Series and those worn by Scottish workmen in the 16th century
- One size fits all with a drawstring
- Choose between three rustic colors to match your favorite tartan: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey
- Made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece; soft, comfortable, and feels like premium wool