The Solstice is on the horizon this week, marking the beginning of summer in the northern hemisphere!
To many, the day marks the beginning of cookouts, sports, and other “fun-in-the-sun” activities, though it has a deep cultural background attached to it.
Pagan religions of Europe also called this time “midsummer” or “Litha.” They marked the date in many ways, but most commonly known is with standing stones.
To celebrate, over 30,000 people will visit standing stones like Stonehenge in the UK, and the Callanish Stones in Scotland this week. Celebrations often centered on themes of growth, fertility, feasting, and merrymaking. It was told that if you were very lucky, you might even sight one of the faerie folk (or become the subject of their tricks!).
It also marks the decline in number of hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere, so be sure to soak up as much sun as possible!
Celebrate the tradition by having modern “feast” with some friends, or suit up in your utility kilt and search for the faerie folk at a National Park.
Keep an eye out for our sale and spotlight items of the week – they’ll be sure to show off your BBQ skills while helping you keep cool in the sun!
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Masonic symbol of square and compass used in Freemasonry rituals to teach symbolic lessons
- Strong and sturdy kilt pin and is made of high-quality, lead-free pewter with an antiqued finish
- Measures 3.5 inches long with a sturdy pin that can handle even heavy kilts and multiple layers
- Made in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen and is an attractive accessory for any kilted outfit
- Handmade in the USA
- Bronze or Sterling Silver
- Measures Approx. 2 5/8″ (68 mm)
- Boar Head Terminals
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 2-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Includes a Kilt Hanger
- 100 Homespun Tartans
- Custom Made to Fit
- 29 inch Max Waist Size
- 19 inch Max Length
This is a Custom-order item. Please allow 4-10 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- The pure white Piper Kilt Hose are wool-free, making them suitable for all skin types
- Available in a range of sizes from Small to Large; up to 20-inch calves
- Choose from 3 colors, black, bottle green and pure white, to suit your Highland dress style
- Woven in the UK for maximum authenticity