Haggis Stuffing Recipes
Some Haggis Stuffing Recipes for the Holidays
With Thanksgiving coming up, and Christmas right around the corner, we thought we would give you some haggis stuffing recipe ideas. You might not think off-hand that haggis has a place on your holiday dinner table — but you would be wrong! Haggis can be a wonderful addition to your menu, and a great way to introduce newcomers to the wonder of haggis.
You could certainly just serve-up a dish of haggis. It’s definitely going to be on our dinner table. But to be more creative, how about a haggis stuffing? If you have any haggis-haters in your midst, I’m guessing you could sneak this one past them and they wouldn’t even realize they’re eating haggis!
Haggis and Whisky Stuffing
- For any of these recipes, substitute one can of haggis for the “1 haggis, cut open, stuffing scooped out, skin discarded”. (Haggis in the UK is stuffed in a skin, which is traditional. It is often then stuffed into a can. Haggis made in the US is just stuffed into the can without the skin, but it should be the same approximate quantity.)
- “Streaky bacon” in the UK is just “bacon” in the US. It is bacon made from the pork belly.
- We have three different varieties of canned haggis to choose from. Any of them will work great in these recipes.
Whether you are planning a dinner for Thanksgiving, St. Andrew’s Day, Christmas, Yule, Saturnalia, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, or New Year’s Day (First Footing), remember to include the haggis!
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Made in Scotland
- Saint Andrew’s Cross
- High-quality lead-free pewter
- Antiqued finish
- Measures 2 inches wide
- Matching Kilt Pin Available
- The Standard Rob Roy Sporran links your style to the notorious Scottish highland rebel, Rob Roy; its straightforward practicality is traditional of 18th-century highland dress
- Crafted with genuine leather, a spacious interior, and pewter button drawstring closure makes this sporran elegant and practical
- Affordability, craftsmanship, and authenticity combine to make this a durable and reliable accessory
- Includes a chain strap so you can start wearing it with your kilt right away
- Homespun poly/wool blend fabric
- Made in the USA at The Celtic Croft
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist)
This is a Custom-order item. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Premium Ghillie Brogue laces and tassels made in Scotland
- Comes with two quality laces and four genuine leather tassels
- Jet black color and measures approximately 71.5 inches
- Convenient to replace your old laces and tassels or add to regular shoes for an authentic Celtic look