Haggis Stuffing Recipes
Some Haggis Stuffing Recipes for the Holidays
With Thanksgiving coming up, and Christmas right around the corner, we thought we would give you some haggis stuffing recipe ideas. You might not think off-hand that haggis has a place on your holiday dinner table — but you would be wrong! Haggis can be a wonderful addition to your menu, and a great way to introduce newcomers to the wonder of haggis.
You could certainly just serve-up a dish of haggis. It’s definitely going to be on our dinner table. But to be more creative, how about a haggis stuffing? If you have any haggis-haters in your midst, I’m guessing you could sneak this one past them and they wouldn’t even realize they’re eating haggis!
- For any of these recipes, substitute one can of haggis for the “1 haggis, cut open, stuffing scooped out, skin discarded”. (Haggis in the UK is stuffed in a skin, which is traditional. It is often then stuffed into a can. Haggis made in the US is just stuffed into the can without the skin, but it should be the same approximate quantity.)
- “Streaky bacon” in the UK is just “bacon” in the US. It is bacon made from the pork belly.
- We have three different varieties of canned haggis to choose from. Any of them will work great in these recipes.
Whether you are planning a dinner for Thanksgiving, St. Andrew’s Day, Christmas, Yule, Saturnalia, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, or New Year’s Day (First Footing), remember to include the haggis!
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Phillabeg Made in the USA
- US Air Force Tartan Woven in Scotland
- 100% Premium Wool
- Light or Medium Weight Tartan
- Thin, Breathable Fabric
- Recommended for Summer Events
- Medium Weight for Crisper Pleats
- 4 yds, (fits up to a 34in waist)
- 5 yds, (fits up to a 44in waist)
- 6 yds, (fits up to a 50in waist)
- Available in nearly any tartan
- Elastic band fits most legs
- 100% premium wool
- Made in Scotland
All Clans are available in sterling silver without exception. If you do not see your badge below that does not mean that it is not available. Pewter casting requires higher volumes and some rare Clans are therefore not available in pewter.