Cornish Gaelic for Beginners Talk Now
Discontinued: On sale while supplies last.
Learn to speak Gaelic! If youre new to a language, there are some basics you will have to learn, whether youre eight years old or 80, on business abroad or a tourist on holiday. Talk Now! Cornish offers a simple-to-use method for you to start learning the language, whoever you are.
Though you’ve probably never heard of these guys before, this is actually the world’s best selling language learning software! There’s probably better programs out there, but you will pay 10 times more for them.
Introductory Offer — Now, for a limited time, we are offering 10% off regular retail price! Buy one for yourself, and a thoughtful gift for someone you love (or at least someone you like enough to spend $26.99 on)!
This versatile software CD-ROM installs on any Windows PC or Mac (OS 10.3.9 or higher). It even has files you can transfer to your iPod for language learning on the go!
What will I learn?
To speak and understand enough to get by. Youre just starting, so we wont drop you in at the deep end. There are some things youll want to say in any language: youll want to say hello, order a drink, ask for directions and so on.
This beginners program gets straight to the point. It covers food, colors, shopping, parts of the body, numbers, telling the time, countries, greetings and essential phrases.
Will it work for me?
Lots of people have difficulty learning languages. Why? Most have been put off at school, dont have time to learn, or think they are too lazy to do it.
Talk Now! Cornish answers these problems:
- It lifts the language off the page. There are no dull exercises; just encouraging games that award you points for progress.
- It fits easily into short ten-minute sessions. But if you want to push yourself you can learn the basics in a weekend.
- if you think youre lazy, think again! Youll be amazed how motivated you can be when you enjoy the experience of learning!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You immerse yourself with easy-to-achieve goals. Learning a new language is far too big a task to tackle all at once, so we have broken it down into a series of rewarding challenges
- Associating new words along with pictures is proven to reinforce them in your memory. Furthermore, there are opportunities to record your pronunciation and hear it repeated to judge your progression.
- Earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
- Simple user interface keeps things easy
- Fun games, interactive activities, challenging quizzes
- 10-minute sessions keep you engaged
- Learn colors, numbers, time, parts of the body, food, shopping, common phrases and countries
- Intelligent system targets your weak points
- Recording feature helps you perfect an accent
- Printable phrasebook for learning on the go
- Upload audio files to your iPod or MP3 player
MAKE LEARNING FUN!
- Practice the language with native speakers using an interactive recording feature
- Keep games challenging with two levels of difficulty
- Earn points during games and quizzes, and achieve awards
- Exercises are game-based to keep you coming back for more!
- Focuses on the basics of the language so you dont get overwhelmed
- Immerse learning helps you practice speaking in real-life situations
Why Learn the Cornish Language?
Cornish continues to survive in the place-names of Cornwall, as well as in Cornish surnames, and knowledge of the language helps the understanding of these ancient meanings.
There is now an increasing amount of Cornish literature, in which poetry is the most important genre, particularly in oral form or as song or as traditional Cornish chants historically performed in marketplaces during religious holidays and public festivals and gatherings
History of the Cornish Language
Along with Welsh and Brenton, it is directly descended from the ancient Briitish lanuage spoken throughout much of Britain before the English language came to dominate. The language continued to function as a common community language in parts of Cornwall until the late 18th century.
Some children used the language to converse in, and families used it as a language of the home through the 19th century and possibly into the 20th. Some elderly speakers were known to be still living into the 20th century including one still alive in 1914.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- Irish Green Acrylikilts™ – In Stock Ready To Ship, are fully-lined 100% acrylic kilts, making them an affordable and durable option
- These lightweight kilts feature 3 straps and buckles and 2 ¼ inch belt loops, providing optimal versatility and practicality
- Lightweight but tough, this kilt is ideal for most casual contexts
- Available in classic Irish Green, as well as a variety of other tartans, select this kilt to match your individual taste
- Beautifully unique ring
- Features trinity knots
- Emerald green cubic zirconia gemstone
- Made from Polished stainless-steel
- Looks great and will continue to look great for a lifetime
Discontinued: On sale while supplies last.
These kids ankle boots look great with almost any kilt, skirt or renaissance style clothing. Their simple, timeless style allows you to wear them with almost any outfit! Made by Minnetonka Moccasins. They are made of genuine suede upper, rawhide lacing, fully padded insole and a light weight rubber sole.