Felted Wool Balmoral
- SKU: AHB01
- Categories: Hats and Hackles, Holiday Gift Guide, Saint Patrick's Day Essentials, Tartan Day Essentials, Burns Night Essentials
- Tag: Wool
- Traditional balmoral made from 100% felted wool, perfect for Highland dress
- Choose between four colors and patterns to match your favorite kilts and Celtic outfits
- Lined for your comfort with Grosgrain ribbon down the back
- Available in sizes 6.75-8 to fit various heads
Size 6.75 | 54CM | 21 7/8”
Size 7 | 56cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7.25 | 58cm | 22.5/8”
Size 77.5 | 60cm | 23 1/2″
Size 7.75 | 62cm | 24 1/5″
Size 8 | 64cm | 25”
When planning your traditional Celtic outfit for the next Scottish festival, Highland Games, or a Clan gathering, don’t overlook a balmoral! This traditional Scottish hat dates back to the 16th century and will be the perfect addition to your wardrobe. Show off your Celtic pride with this balmoral made from 100% felted wool – sure to keep you warm on a chilly day.
With four options to choose from, including white and red dicing, you’re sure to find one that will look great with your kilt. Don’t forget to choose between tying or not tying your ribbons in the back – rumors state that they signify whether you’re single or taken!
Black, Black with Dicing, Dark Green, Navy Blue
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/4, 7 1/2, 7 3/4, 8
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- Tartan balmoral made in Scotland; perfect for men or women
- Made with Spring Weight (8oz) premium wool; lightweight and warm
- Choose from more than 500 ancient and modern tartans
- One-size-fits-all design with an adjustable drawstring tie in back
Due to supply issues in Scotland, we are not taking any new orders for this item. We will fulfill any outstanding orders as they arrive. If you have an exciting order, please know we appreciate your kind patience. We hope to be able to offer these beautiful balmorals again soon.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Our authentic Tartan Glengarries—Spring Weight are custom-made in Scotland from your choice of over 500 tartans.
- They’re perfect for casual to formal occasions. Leave the ribbons untied for historical accuracy.
- Made with spring weight (8 oz) premium wool, they’re available in sizes small to extra large.
- These versatile pieces are made to be worn by men and women. The cap badge is not included.
- Due to supply issues in Scotland, some of these can take up to a year. If you place an order, we will get your hat to you as soon as it arrives from Scotland. Please know we appreciate your kind patience.
- Display your Welsh heritage with pride with this cap that is full of Welsh symbolism
- Red embroidery throughout with “Wales” and Welsh dragon on the front, “Cyrmu” on the back, and Welsh flag on the side
- One size fits most (up to 21 inches-25 inches around) and is adjustable with velcro strap
- Black baseball cap with white embroidery on the left side and front bill
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
- Color may vary
- Inspired by the Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanter, worn in the hit show Outlander: The Series and those worn by Scottish workmen in the 16th century
- One size fits all with a drawstring
- Choose between three rustic colors to match your favorite tartan: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey
- Made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece; soft, comfortable, and feels like premium wool