Damascus Rosewood Dirk
- 8.5” Damascus blade brass-inlaid in rosewood for additional grip; smaller than a typical dirk
- Includes fine-quality leather sheath, weapon’s disclaimer, and care instructions to keep you safe
- Ornate embellishments of gold and silver color throughout the rosewood; compliments any Celtic outfit elegantly
- Style of dirk a historical blade used for hand-to-hand combat for officers in the Age of Sail as well as Highlanders
Out of stock
Damascus Rosewood Dirk
This Damascus rosewood dirk is the historic accessory to complete any Celtic outfit. Although smaller than a typical dirk, this Damascus blade paired with a rosewood grip is not to be reckoned with; its ornate gold and silver patterns across its elegant rosewood handle makes this weapon a joy to hold. To keep you and any users of this beautiful dirk safe, we have included a high-quality leather sheath, a weapon’s disclaimer, and care instructions – make sure you read them! We hope you’re not engaged in any hand-to-hand combat, but wearing this Damascus rosewood dirk will harken back to your ancestors that did and the multitude of their victories.
What is a dirk?
A dirk is a long thrusting dagger. Historically, it was a personal weapon of officers engaged in naval hand-to-hand combat during the Age of Sail as well as the personal sidearm of Highlanders.
Clan Crest Sgian Dubhs
Scots make our Clan Crest Sgian Brew in Glasgow. They fit into your hose, and don’t fall out, like some other sgian brews. Our Clan Crest Stag Handle Sgian Dubh have a small clan crest badge inlaid into the end of the antler handle. Choose from 6 different stone colors for your Fancy Sgian Dubh. They’re specially made in Scotland. The sheath features a trefoil knot on the tip, and an intricate Celtic knot near the opening.
Our Pewter Thistle Clan Crest Sgian Dubh is an upgraded version of our standard clan crest sgian dubh. Scottish crafters make it with higher quality materials than the standard sgian dubh, and they inlay the clan crest into the handle. You also have the choice of 6 colors for the stone, rather than the one color for the standard sgian dubh. Our Pewter Celtic Knot Clan Crest Sgian Dubh features Celtic knot detailing on the handle and sheath. If you’d like an even more useful sgian dubh, check out The Officer Clan Crest Sgian Dubh. It features a corkscrew and bottle opener. Lastly, the Thistle Mount Clan Crest Sgian Dubh features your clan crest and choice of stone color (out of 6 colors). The thistle motif on the sheath tip and the thistle mount around the opening of the sheath set it apart.
Dirks and Daggers
We have plenty of daggers and dirks. Customers love our recently added Renaissance Dagger that comes with a beautifully embossed sheath. Everyone needs a bollock dagger! We started making a quality sheath for these, since we don’t love the basic sheath. If you would like an ornately decorated dagger, check out our Celtic Dagger. We have several Damascus dirks with the characteristic stripes of Damascus blades. One has an ornate rosewood handle. The grip has an ergonomic shape, and the guard features geometric metal banding. Another has an ebony wood handle with metal decoration. Lastly, our Damascus Rosewood Dirk has a spear point blade. Our affordable Knight’s Dagger has intricate scrolling filigree on the sheath. Scots make our Stag Handle Carbon Steel Dirk using a stag’s antler for the handle. They also use an antler to make our Stag Handle Damascus Steel Dirk.
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Sgian dubh cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium — fits nicely into your kilt hose
- Choose between six gemstones (black, blue, green, red, topaz, purple) — the stone has a multi-facet cut and gold foil backed
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork and designed with the thistle symbol, a symbol of Scottish nobility and valor
- Connect to your ancestry and heritage by choosing from over 250+ clan crests or generic crests (i.e., Lion, Thistle, St. Andrews, Piper, or Masonic crests)
- Well-made Renaissance dagger with a 7.5-inch long, good-quality, stainless steel blade
- Features patterned black wood handle and included leather sheath with subtle Celtic braid design
- Comes with a belt loop to fit up to a 2-inch belt for your convenience
- Perfect for collectors, reenactments, or Celtic festivals
- Faux blackwood sgian dubh
- Good quality plastic handle instead of real wood
- Decorative faux bone top
- Good quality stainless steel blade
- Real leather Celtic embossed sheath
- A good knife for a good price
- Looks very much like real blackwood