Damascus Steel Sgian Achlais Ebony Wood Handle
- 9.5″ OVERALL LENGTH
- 4.5″ BLADE LENGTH
- 5″ HANDLE
- WOOD HANDLE
- DAMASCUS GUARD AND POMMEL
- DAMASCUS BLADE
In stock (can be backordered)
The sgian dubh was for utility, but the sgian achlais (armpit dagger) was a weapon. It was usually concealed under the arm and was possibly slung with a strap or cord or tucked into a great kilt.
Each knife has a 4½ inch Damascus steel blade with the entire knife measuring 9 inches. The fine quality leather sheath, damascus crown and ebony wood grip give it a historic feel.
The sheath’s backside has a leather loop so it can attach to a strap, cord, or kilt belt.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Each Stag Handle Sgian Dubh is unique.
- It’s hand-carved in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen from the antler of a red stag.
- We pair this piece with a stainless steel blade and embossed leather sheath.
- The perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit, it tucks nicely into kilt hose.
- Well-made Sgian Dubh with 3.25 inch stainless steel blade
- Features a chrome thistle badge design on the handle to display Scottish culture
- Comes with a sleek, chrome-plated plastic sheath for your convenience
- Affordable yet good quality, perfect to start your collection