Outlander Tartan Ancient Kilt – Homespun Wool Blend
- SKU: OAHS
- Categories: Ancient Kilts, In Stock, Kilts, Outlander, Outlander, OUTLANDER Kilts, Outlander Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, OUTLANDER, Wool Blend
- Braveheart-style traditional kilt made in-house from 6-10 yards of homespun tartan, fitting up to 60-inch waist
- Woven by hand with a quality 55/45 blend of polyester and wool on old-world looms for an authentic look
- Single-width fabric is lightweight and practical for warm-weather wear
- Customizable so choose your size, tartan, and add pre-pleated Cheater pleats for convenience
$185.00 – $300.00
This homespun ancient kilt is everything you could ask for. It’s the same style kilt worn in the movie Braveheart! It’s customizable, traditional, practical, and affordable! Choose between 80+ ancient and modern tartans along with weathered tartans. Add Cheater pleats (either left or right side), a brooch, and matching flashes to complete your authentic Celtic outfit! Perfect for weddings, Renaissance festivals, or Highland games, these kilts also make great gifts for the Celtic lovers in your life.
Comfortable for outdoor, warm-weather wear, these kilts are made from homespun tartan to produce a classic, authentic look. Remember that these kilts are made-to-order, so allow at least 1-2 weeks for delivery (maybe more depending on options selected). It will be worth the wait!
We include pleating instructions with each kilt. Traditionally, one pleats these kilts each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you also select Cheater Pleats™ as an additional option.
Note — Kiltmakers generally pleat modern kilts so that the front apron of the kilt closes from left to right. For years this is how we’ve Cheater Pleated™ our Ancient Kilts. However, many customers brought it to our attention that this makes it difficult to wear the plaid over the left shoulder, which is also customary.
So, we’ve decided to make all Ancient Kilts the other way — front apron closing from right to left. This makes the aprons “backwards” compared to a modern kilt, but it allows the plaid to flow up and over the left shoulder. (This is the way Mel wears it in the Braveheart movie.)
Incidentally, plaid over left shoulder is not a hard and fast rule. It most likely originated as a practical way to keep the plaid off your sword arm. You might want to wear the plaid over your right shoulder, if you are left-handed. Just let us know — we can Cheater Pleat™ your kilt either way you want!
- 6-yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 38-inch waist.
- 8-yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 48-inch waist.
- 10-yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 54-inch waist.
- Larger kilts are available. Please contact us.
Depending on waist size, pleats will vary between one and two inches wide (pleats will get wider as waist size increases). If your waist size is close to one of the limits above, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
How to measure for your Ancient Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Kilt Waist: Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Kilt Length: Measure the length from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!
OUTLANDER, OUTLANDER Fraser
|Ancient Kilt Size||
6 Yard Ancient Kilt, 8 Yard Ancient Kilt, 10 Yard Ancient Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- The Braveheart Ancient Kilt is the same rustic tartan–authentically woven in Scotland– featured in the movie Braveheart
- This kilt is sewn right here in the US and wears lighter, cooler, more comfortably than wool typically does
- It’s custom-made just for you and available in 6, 8, and 10 yard lengths to accommodate different waist sizes
- Please allow 1-2- weeks for delivery for this bit o’ rugged highland style to arrive at your door
Hand crafted to your measurements by skilled kiltmakers in Scotland. Made from medium weight (12/13oz) 100% premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland.
Formal Kilts have hand-stitched pleats, with lots of attention to detail, making these the nicest kilts available. Made with at least 8 yards of tartan, and constructed to last a lifetime.
- Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Ancient Kilt Made in the USA
- Braveheart Style
- Perfect for Ren Faires/Fests
- Poly/Viscose Tartan
- Cool and Hypoallergenic
- Wool Free!
- Cool and Practical Design
- Recommended for Summer Events
- Ancient Highland Look
- Extra Long Apron to Use as a Fly Plaid
- Over 500 Tartans Available!
- 25-30″ Wide (The Length When Worn)
- Length of Fabric Cut to Your Measurements (To Fit Your Waist)