US Air Force Good Basic Homespun Kilt – Plus Kilt Hanger
- SKU: KBSO1-USAF
- Categories: Clans and Tartans, Kilts, Military and Law Enforcement, Military Tartan Kilts, U.S. Air Force, US Air Force Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, Military, U.S. Air Force, Wool Blend
- Homespun wool-blend
- Made from 4-6 yards of tartan
- Fully Lined
- Three straps and buckles
- Made to order – one size does not fit all
Our Good Basic Kilts are great for athletes, first-time buyers, casual wear, those on a budget, or as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. Yet they are nice enough that we have many customers use them for weddings, and other formal occasions.
What is a Good Basic Kilt?
(Formerly known as our Economy Kilt.) Our Good Basic Kilt is essentially an “off the rack” kilt. Sometimes referred-to as a “starter kilt”. They are good looking kilts, especially for the price. They are made from 4-6 yds (depending upon the waist size) of our homespun tartan, and pleated in the back just like more expensive kilts. Our homespun tartan is a poly/wool blend. It’s a looser weave, so it’s prone to snagging and pilling, but it’s also lighter, and breathes better than a premium wool tartan (very nice for hot weather!). The machine stitched pleats are about 1” wide, and 3-4” deep. They are fully lined with three straps, buckles, and belt loops. The straps allow you to adjust your kilt from about 1” smaller, to 2” larger.
HOWEVER, please keep in mind that our Good Basic Kilt (both stock and special-Order) is NOT a custom tailored kilt, so it will most likely not fit as if it was tailored for you. The waist and hip size is about the same. If your hip measurement is more than 4 inches larger than your waist, then the kilt may not fit very well. If you are looking for a tailor made look, we suggest purchasing a Casual Kilt or Formal Kilt..
Why buy a Good Basic Kilt?
If you’re shopping for a kilt for the first time this just might be the kilt you are looking for! Already an experienced kilt wearer? Get yourself a good basic kilt to save wear and tear on your more expensive kilts. Wear it for casual or everyday events and save your formal kilt for the special occasions. Our good basic kilts look nice enough that many of our customers on a budget will purchase them for weddings or other formal events, and they look great. Athletes also really like our good basic kilts. They (or anyone for that matter) would much rather get mud on a good basic kilt than a $500 kilt!
|Waist Size (Inches)||
20W, 21W, 22W, 23W, 24W, 25W, 26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W, 61W, 62W, 63W, 64W, 65W, 66W, 67W, 68W
|Hip Size (Inches)||
20H, 21H, 22H, 23H, 24H, 25H, 26H, 27H, 28H, 29H, 30H, 31H, 32H, 33H, 34H, 35H, 36H, 37H, 38H, 39H, 40H, 41H, 42H, 43H, 44H, 45H, 46H, 47H, 48H, 49H, 50H, 51H, 52H, 53H, 54H, 55H, 56H, 57H, 58H, 59H, 60H, 61H, 62H, 63H, 64H, 65H, 66H, 67H, 68H, 69H, 70H, 71H, 72H
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L, 27L
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Braveheart Ancient Kilt is the same rustic tartan–authentically woven in Scotland– featured in the movie Braveheart
- This kilt is sewn right here in the US and wears lighter, cooler, more comfortably than wool typically does
- It’s custom-made just for you and available in 6, 8, and 10 yard lengths to accommodate different waist sizes
- Please allow 1-2- weeks for delivery for this bit o’ rugged highland style to arrive at your door
- Traditional Great Kilt made with 4-6 yards of tartan, fitting up to 60-inch waist
- Woven in Scotland for an authentic look with premium wool
- Lightweight fabric makes for comfortable warm-weather wear
- Customizable with pre-pleated cheater pleats as a convenient option
- Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Medium Weight 12/13 oz Premium Wool Tartan
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist)