Welsh Tartan Medium Weight Premium Wool Phillabeg
- SKU: KP013-W
- Categories: Kilts, Phillabeg (Little Kilt), Welsh Cilts, Welsh Premium Cilts, Welsh Tartans and Stuff
- Tags: Custom-Order, Made in Wales, Medium Weight, Welsh, Wool
- Authentic philabeg made from premium wool tartan woven in Wales
- Medium weight tartan hangs better and makes a crisper pleat while remaining comfortable in any weather
- Custom made for the perfect fit, with an option to choose Cheater Pleats for convenience
$335.00 – $475.00
Medium Weight Premium Wool Phillabeg
Custom made just for you, these premium wool philabegs are the perfect choice for the next Renaissance Fair, Highland Games, or any other Celtic Festival! These authentic philabegs are woven with medium weight wool in Wales and made in the USA. You’ll be impressed with the feel and comfort of the medium weight wool, and you can be sure the fit will be perfect! With sizes ranging from 4 to 6 yards to accommodate waists from 38 to 60 inches, there’s one for everyone! Customize yours further by choosing matching flashes, a brooch, or even adding Cheater Pleats.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 38 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 48 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 60 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd kilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Afallon/Avalon, Davies/Davis, Edwards, Ellis/Bellis, Evans/Bevan, Eynon/Beynon, Griffiths, Gwyn/Wynn, Harry/Parry, Hopkins, Howells/Powell, Hughes/Pugh, James, Jenkins, Jones/John, Lewis, Llewellyn, Lloyd, Madoc, Meredith, Morgan, Morris, Owen/Bowen, Phillips, Powys County, Pride of Wales, Protheroe, Rees/Preece, Rice/Price, Richards/Pritchard, Roberts/Probert, Rosser/Prosser, Spirit of Glyndwr Gold, Spirit of Glyndwr Grey, Spirit of Glyndwr Red, St Davids/Welsh National, Thomas, Vaughan, Watkins/Walters, Williams
|Phillabeg Kilt Size||
4 Yard Phillabeg, 5 Yard Phillabeg, 6 Yard Phillabeg
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- Premium wool and authentic Scottish craftsmanship for authentic wear and appearance
- Tailored to fit your measurements, the Celtic Croft’s Right Fit™ Guarantee makes for a worry-free ordering process
- Choose from several Irish tartans for optimal customized design
- 4 to 5 yards of fabric with machine-stitched, shallow pleats for a multifaceted garment. Wear this kilt proudly to a variety of occasions for years to come
- Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Medium Weight 12/13 oz Premium Wool Tartan
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist)
Hand crafted to your measurements by skilled kiltmakers in Scotland. Made from medium weight (12/13oz) 100% premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland.
Formal Kilts have hand-stitched pleats, with lots of attention to detail, making these the nicest kilts available. Made with at least 8 yards of tartan, and constructed to last a lifetime.