LGBT Tartan Kilted Mini Skirt – Homespun Wool-Blend
The LGBTQ+ Pride Tartan: A watershed for the modern LGBT movement arose from a series of protests in New York in 1969 and to pay homage to all those involved, this tartan is based on the New York City tartan and incorporates the variety of bright colors used to identify that movement around the world.
Want to make your own donation to The Trevor Project, Click DONATE NOW
- Cute, stylish and affordable!
- Made from our Quality Wool-Blend Tartan
- Made-to-order, just for you.
- Available in any waist size
- Available in any length up to 18 inches.
- New Custom-Made LGBT Tartan
Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
How To Measure for Your Kilted Mini Skirt
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure comfortably around your desired waist. This could be at the navel, which is traditional, or anywhere else you want. For example, our daughter Kaurina prefers to wear her skirts at the currently popular “hip waist”.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point.
- Measure from your desired waist to your desired length (up to 18″).